Chapter Nine

The Program

Chapter Nine

My first kiss was stolen when I was fourteen, resulting in a bloody nose for Tommy Markham, the boy who stole it. But since I was shy little ole me, I wasn't the one who hit poor Tommy's nose. Maddie did, only because I asked her to. 

It was an awkward experience, with the random meshing of someone else's lips against my own. Which not only wasn't enjoyable, but also made his teeth and nose clash with mine because he had done it quickly so he would throw me off guard. And his hands got tangled in my hair when he tried to pull, more like force, me closer to him.

Which only made the scene worse that day as he was rolling around in pain, blood squirting from his face and a bunch of my blond, and a light red from the blood, hair pushed to his face that was stuck to his palm while trying to stop the bleeding. But that was mostly because when I forcibly pushed him away, he thought he would yank at my scalp to make it harder, resulting in a soreness for me over the next few days due to his childish ways of pulling my hair from my head.

I could have sworn he was like ten or something because of how he handled the whole situation. But he was actually two years older than me.

Way to make me lose all faith in your, and I guess my, generation, Tommy. You did a fantastic job.

And there you have it, the first and worst kiss of my life, which was in no way my fault.

But this kiss was my fault, me being the one who placed my own lips on Jack's and all. That's okay though, because just like all the other kisses i've shared with Jack, this one was also the definition of perfect. From the beautiful connection of our lips to the smile I felt him make before he pulled me closer, cupping my cheek in his hand and wrapping his arm tighter around my waist. And if fault shall be placed on me for that, I will willingly take full responsibility.

"I get the feeling that you like me, princess." Jack spoke a moment later once we had somewhat separated, our lips now mere centimeters apart. I did a fast paced nod without even thinking about the response I was going to make, inching near him again as I did so, and brushed my lips across his quickly. "And what about you and John?"

I had to literally stop myself from letting a laugh leave my mouth. "Just friends." And then as an afterthought added, "I mean, we're aware of the other person's existence anyway."

"So, absolutely nothing at all is going on between you two?" He asked.

"Would I have gone on this date with you if there was?" I said.

"I kinda forced you to." He pointed out, no doubt smirking while doing so.

I let out a long breath and and spoke again. "No, me and John are not, and could never in the history of ever, be an item." And this time I knew he was grinning, moving his lips to mine again and causing me to feel that smile that i'm sure matched my own.

When he pulled away this time, slightly out of breath I might add, he said, "Good." And as if he suddenly remembered I had actually brought up a touchy subject before this moment, he added, "And this thing with you wanting me to remember, what's that about?"