Epilogue [PART ONE]

Just a little author's note before you begin. All three (yes, three) Epilogues will be told in Jack's point of view, not Lexi's. Please try to remember that while reading.

Oh, and the absolutely amazing trailer in the media section was made by the equally amazing AlyxMck. The trailer is for 'The Test' (obviously) and I thought I would put it in this chapter so that those of you who may not have seen it already can... Anyway, hope ya'll like this chapter as much as I love the trailer! Enjoy :)

The Program

Epilogue [Part One]

One month later

The hospital room felt lifeless, just like the state of Reid. I mean...dad.

Breathing out a sigh and placing my hands on my face, I looked at him.

I don't really know what i'm supposed to call him now.

One month, one whole freaking month has gone by since everything that went down. I still don't completely know how it happened, or even how Natalie managed to save us. But i'm glad she did, it could have turned out much worse.

"Hey, bro. He still not awake?" John pulled over a chair, him wincing as he did. The bullet had gone deep that Mary shot, and the doctors in Bridget's team -I guess that's what you call it- did all they could to keep him from bleeding out and then stitched him up.

They would not have shown the same courtesy to dad if he hadn't done what he did.

And I probably wouldn't be staying at his bed day and night if it wasn't for the same reason.

And me, well, my shoulder was hit during all of it, but I was fine compared to everyone else, just a little sore.

"No," I told John, running a hand over my face again and yawning. "The doc said he should be awake by now, long before now. How do we know something's not wrong?"

John sighed, pulling over a chair and falling into it. He didn't say anything, and for that I was glad. I was just exhausted, barely getting the slightest bit of sleep over the past month. And even though John looked refreshed and collected, I knew he was going through the same thing. Him and Annie have been doing all they can to keep the police out of it, but they won't stay out of it forever.

I mean, I had nothing to do with it and they threw me in jail for crying out loud! Imagine what dad will be facing when they realize the extent of what he did. They already know a lot -turns out cops are pretty smart- but they definitely don't know how all dad is involved. And they don't listen long enough to realize that the real problem -Mary- was still out there somewhere, and that we were in deep trouble when she rebuilds the test.

"Any news on Lexi?" I asked suddenly, turning to John and leaning against the side of dad's bed.

John's eyes lowered, not daring to look at me. He only shook his head followed by a sharp, "Nope."