That was a question Jin knew how to answer.

"When I hit the wrong person, I drip a special serum on an arrow and shoot them with the new arrow. It diminishes the feelings as if they were never there."

Hoseok nodded thoughtfully. He ran his hand over Jin's comfortingly. His other hand plucked stray petals and leaves that were left behind in Jin's hair from their long hug. Jin hummed and leaned into Hoseok's touch.

"Great just drink some of your serum then."

"Ah, the problem with that is I ran out last week." Jin smiled sheepishly. "My mom sends me some more every six months but I used it all up. February being the month of love means that Cupid works double."

Hoseok furrowed his brow. "Well, it's March so I don't know why you didn't bother alerting your mom for an entire month. How do we even get in contact with your mom for more?"

Jin chewed on his lip. You couldn't just simply call one of the major gods. Oh, no. They were too busy being godly and powerful to bother with a cell phone like Jin's mom. It was real inconvenient sometimes.

"I think I know a way but it involves Jungkook and Namjoon."

"You should text them, then."

Jin nodded, taking his phone out.

eucupid 6:34 pm

come here, quick
bring namjoon

kook 6:34 pm

cant, we're scaling mt fuji

eucupid 6:34 pm

ur lying, get here or im teleporting u myself

kook 6:35 pm

like u can even teleport

eucupid 6:35 pm

someone wants to fall in love with a rock again

kook 6:35 pm

we're coming

Within seconds, Jungkook and Namjoon were at his door, Jungkook with a glare on his face and Namjoon with a nervous smile. Both were looking pretty roughed up again. They also looked like they froze their buttocks off even in Alaskan parkas and woolen mittens. Huh. So they really were scaling Mt. Fuji. Jin felt foolish for doubting Jungkook now. Only Jungkook could fit going to an archery competition and climbing mountains into his always busy schedule. The door creaked itself shut after Jungkook slammed it open so hard.

Hoseok looked at them skeptically. The nymph walked up to examine the two demigods. He ran his hand through Namjoon's hair to get the snow out. "How'd you guys even get here so fast?"

"H-Hermes lent us two pairs of winged sandals," Namjoon explained through chattering teeth. He gave Hoseok a quick hug and noticed the black padded jacket. "O-oh, my jacket. I didn't realize that I left it here."

"Yeah I was just going to bring it to you actually," Jin said while ruffling the snow out of Jungkook's hair. Jungkook maintained his glare and shot it accusingly at Jin. "Hey cheer up, Frosty. I'll buy you food."

Jungkook's frown twitched upward at hearing that. "Sashimi?"

Jin rolled his eyes. This would be his thirty-seventh time taking Jungkook out to sashimi. "Sure."

Jungkook full-on beamed and it lifted Jin's mood a bit. He nodded his head to Hoseok. "C'mon, let's make some hot chocolate so that these two idiots-"

"Hey!"

"-these two lovable idiots don't freeze to death."

The four of them made their way into Jin's small kitchen that had come with his room in the cloud palace. It was perfect in Jin's eyes. A rose quartz countertop with scattered diamonds gleaming inside. Tall clean white stools with, you guessed it, pink cushions lined themselves perfectly underneath. Jungkook chose to ignore a stool and instead hopped on the little island counter.

As Jin warmed the chocolate, Namjoon spoke up. "Jin, you okay? We were worried after the competition and then even more so after you texted us to stay away because you pricked yourself with your own arrow. Why are we even here? What if you fall in love with one of us?!"

"Joonie, calm down." Jin shook his head. He handed Namjoon a mug and dropped some marshmallows into his chocolate. "Actually about that...Taehyung came to check up on me after the competition. He was the first one I saw. He actually gave me the first place medallion...because he felt I deserved it."

Fondly, Jin picked up the gold that had been resting against his chest the entire time. He held it between his index finger and thumb, smiling at it. His friends watched as the god's cheeks turned rosier as he recalled the events that happened before he fainted.

"So...you're in love with him?" Jungkook asked, slurping his hot chocolate. Hoseok hit his shoulder when he got the chocolate drink all over his face.

"I-I think so. When he came over, I felt all these weird emotions I've never felt with anyone in my life. My heart was acting up, I couldn't think properly. It didn't help that he was being so nice too, not like usual, and it...it...I don't know. I'm so clueless to love. I don't know."

Everyone stared at Jin. Blushing hard, Jin continued awkwardly.

"Anyways, what I really called you guys here for is to ask if you guys want to come on a quest with me."

Two sets of ears perked up at the mention of a quest.

<———— CUPID's LOVE STORY ————<<

Long after Jungkook and Namjoon left to pack their belongings, Hoseok sat at the edge of the bed watching Jin tuck clothes and basic necessities into a red velvet travel bag. He watched as Jin debated between using his cherry converse or cotton candy vans as an extra pair of shoes. After waiting for Jin to finish his internal conflict, Hoseok spoke up.

"Jin..."

Jin looked up, three oversized sweatshirts tucked under his left arm while he was holding the fourth to examine. The love god loved his clothes like a pirate loved his gold. He loved clothes more than Hoseok and Hoseok visited the mall every day that ended with 'y'. Jin pulled out the pink AirPod that was blasting Shawn Mendes in his ear. "Yes?"

The forest nymph crossed his arms. "Why don't you just let the feelings die down by themselves if they aren't real? No point going through all this work and.."

The so-called god of love looked at Hoseok as if he just grew a tail. "And what?"

"What if you actually like him? There's no way your arrows can work on a god."

"Don't be silly, Hobi. I despised him with my entire heart before and now I'm feeling all these weird things for him. There's only one explanation." Jin hummed and turned his attention back to folding his clothes. "And it still takes a while for the arrow's effect to die if it's not true love. I want these feelings gone as soon as possible."

Hoseok stared at Jin sadly. "Well, I guess. If you say so."

Feeling like his best friend didn't quite believe him, Jin continued on. "Trust me. Being Cupid makes me practically an expert on all things love. I should be able to know my own feelings."

Satisfied with his justification, Jin inserted his airpod back into his ear and turned his back to continue packing. Hoseok sighed and mumbled quietly under his breath when his best friend was distracted.

"And what do you know about love?"

>> —————————–——————————–>

AN: Happy very late Valentine's Day guys! And happy late birthday to Hobi! My sunshine, my light, my happiness, Hobi I love you so much <3 Sure took me a while to get this chapter out but I hope it was worth it. Thanks for reading <3