"The beach?" She says as she closes the door and leans across the top of the car so she's closer to me to talk, I do the same. "You took me to the beach at 10 at night?"

"Yes, yes I did. Should I give you another gold star?" I make fun.

She rolls her eyes and stand back up straight. "What is this some high school romance movie." She says then walks down close to the water. I follow. A smile on my face. "So?"

"So what?" I continue her question.

"What's the game plan? Why the beach, why at 10 at night and what's the point?" She asks . I sit down on the damp sand and pat a spot beside me, Hadley doesn't think twice about tasking a seat, ready for my reasoning.

"I don't have a plan, we are just going to let the night happen." I say and look out to the ocean," as for why? Well why not?" I look back at Hadley and she's got an odd look to her eyes. Confused yet ready for adventure.

"But what's the point?" She asks once more.

"Does there need to be a point other then to have an unplanned adventure?" I ask her bring in good points.

"If it's not going to get you anywhere then what's the point of it?" She asks, finally looking from me and over the water.

"Hadley, doll, you need to understand." I start and lay my hands behind me on the cool wet sand and lean on them, starching my legs out fully. "That not everything in life needs an initial point. Some things you can't find a point to until after. Sometimes the point is to just have fun." I tell her

"Wouldn't it be better if it's all planed out?" She asks me liking away from the water and up to the clear sky above us. I can see a faint smile on her face.

"The best adventures are the ones we stumble on not the ones that we plan out." I say sounding wiser then I am.

We sit in completely silence between us for a few minutes. The only sounds being nature, the slight breeze on the few trees around the area, and the waves lapping on the sand.

" I love that about you Dustin. How easy you live and find fun." She says silently rubbing her palm, catching me off guard.

"This isn't exactly living the life." I laugh a bit.

"Maybe not but it's still living, it's being free. That rush when you stumble upon that unplanned adventure, that's living." She says

I never thought of it like that. It is about the rush of an unplanned adventure that makes them the best ones.

"Well, I love how you enjoy the small things." I tell her finally letting something off my chest.

"But that's not true Dustin, this," she says gesturing to the whole beach. "Is a small simple thing and I couldn't even enjoy that without an explanation first."

"That's where you're wrong Hadley, this trip, not exactly simple or little. The beach is something you have to go out of your way for. You enjoy the really simple things." I say and she still looks lost. "Like you find joy in just getting a good mark on a test you studied really hard for, or seeing your brother smile. " I tell her.

She looks up to the stars and  takes a breath in. " I guess." She says. "Dustin can I tell you a little secret?" She asks as she doodles lines in the damp sand beneath us.

"Of course, my ears were made for secret hearing." I tell her.

She takes a second. Looks out into the water, watching the moon dance over the water.

"I think I might have fallen in love you Dustin Fox, with your living adventuring ways." She lets out.

My heart feels like it's beating at the speed of light. My stomach is in knots and twists, butterflies flaring around and not slowing down.  She plays nervously with her hands like she always does. I sit up from my hands and whip my hands on my pant legs. I rest one hand on her cheek turning her face towards mine.

"Can I tell you a secret Hadley?" I ask her, the sound of my heart pounding in my ears. She nods her head. "I think I might have fallen in love with you too." I say and immediately crash my lips onto hers, soft and sweet. I cup her face with my hands and kiss her deeper. I don't know how long I have wanted to do this until now.

She wraps her arms around my neck and plays with the hairs at the back of my head. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her as close to me as I can. We're like a puzzle, she fits perfectly with me. From this close I can smell her vanilla scented hair. I move my one hand to cup the side of her face, I slip the other just under her shirt and place it on her smooth skin at the small of her back, sparks tingle at my finger tips.

We finally break apart she's got this shy smile on her face. Her lips are red from me, I run my thumb over here bottom lip, "sorry about that." I smile to her.

She just shakes her head slightly and lets out a gentle laugh" This is so your high school romance movie." She whispers to me laying her head on my shoulder.

"And I think we just found our point." I whisper back.