Epilogue

Connor looked down at the small piece of plastic and metal in his hands, each scratch and edge etched into the android's memory. He tore his eyes away as Hank appeared at his side and gave him a smile. 

Gavin Reed stood on the other side of the glass wall, trying to act uninterested. The RK900 at his side rolled his eyes, turning away. 

He took a deep breath, stepping towards the unmoving figure in the middle of the room.  The thin chip was still held tightly in his hands. He nearly lost his nerve as he stared at the face of the deactivated android. Its eyes were closed as if it could be simply asleep. As if nothing had happened. Connor reached out slowly, fearing his hands were shaking. 

A click could be heard as he pushed the memory chip into the back of the android's neck. Connor stepped back as the mechanical body began to stir, the thirium pump whirring into action. 

A few fingers twitched, then the whole arm reached up to touch its face. The other arm followed, join by a sharp inhale of breath. The android lifted its head, staring straight at Connor. 

Memory uploading...

The android was still as its memory returned. The languages programmed into it, the knowledge and the behaviour. 

And him.

System error. 

Elka winced, feeling as though a bolt of lightning had struck her. But her eyes opened once again and what she perceived as pain held no more meaning.  Elka stared straight at Connor, a new light in her eyes.

And Connor smiled.

-

Thank you for everything.