GS200 | Revelations

Connor wondered if he should have said something. About the emotions he felt, through her. He wondered what reason he had to lie. He wondered if at least Anderson should know. He cared about Elka and there was a low chance he would risk losing her by telling someone else. He stayed in his quiet solitude until the snapping of fingers brought him to the present.

"Jesus, Connor. Creeps me out how you stare like that." Hank scoffed. "Everything alright?"

Connor caught the silver coin in his right hand, pausing his little trick.

"Lieutenant," He started, choosing his words carefully. "I think there is something you should know. It concerns Elka." 

Hank spun his chair around, indicating that he was listening. 

"In the interrogation room, I lied," Connor leaned forward in his own chair. "I thought it best if you knew, Elka is a deviant."

-

Elka rushed down the road, catching a glimpse of the bus at the other end. Her face was stoic, her indicator blue but her mind was racing. What had she done? Did she turn Connor deviant? She was already one too many.

She stepped onto the bus, unaware of the androids around her. She thought back to what Elijah told her. Was being deviant really so bad? If she wasn't so attached to the police department, she could be free. Being awake was only the first step. Her indicator flicked yellow as she panicked, remembering her previous worries. Connor. He was a deviant hunter, but showed her mercy and even lied for her.

She wondered how long the mercy would last.

-

The next day Elijah suspected nothing, letting Elka return to work as if nothing had happened. If she didn't talk about it, she didn't have to lie. That was one thing he neglected to give her, the ability to lie.

"Elka?"

The android turned to face the Lieutenant, smiling.

"Yes, Hank?"

The older man sighed, gesturing to his workstation.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Her indicator flashed yellow for a second before she nodded.

"Of course."