GS200 | Bleachless

Elka's clothes were drenched with water, but her temperature sensor had been turned off and she remained immune to the cold. She used to turn it on, for the sole purpose of feeling human. But now, she wanted it all gone. The feelings, the hurt was nothing physical.

She wanted home. Elka hoped that she would find it in Jericho. But the freighter was destroyed and her hope with it.

"Jericho isn't a place, it's a people."

When the deviant stayed silent at his response, Markus left Elka to her thoughts. Another thing Elka wished she didn't have. Thoughts. She was in the dark, whatever their next move was had been kept a secret from her. She pulled the LED circle from her pocket. She had long since gotten over the surprise of finding it. The object held no colour, nothing to distract her, not even a scratch. 

Connor sat beside her, watching quietly as she balanced it on the pad of her thumb. "What's next?" She muttered quietly.

"We find more androids, wake them up to help us."

"And what if they don't want to help?" She asked, leaning against him. "Would you force them?"

Connor's LED blinked at her words. She wasn't sure why he hadn't removed it. "This isn't about the other androids is it?"He questioned. Elka slouched against the wooden pew, eyes lowered. He frowned, turning his body towards her. "What's wrong?"

Elka closed her hand around her LED. "I don't want a revolution," She murmured. "I want to go back to the way it was before Hank lost his son and I tried to replace him."

"When you could've been told to do anything and you would've complied?"

"Stupid, isn't it."She chuckled lightly. "I could've acted obedient, looked after Hank. But now they know that I'm deviant and there's nowhere for me to go back." Elka continued. "I've been deviant so long it's almost like a program on its own."

Connor reached out and touched her arm. Deviancy was strange for him. It felt like acting, pretending to be human, pretending to be real. Would he regret his choice too? "It doesn't have to be a place to be home."

"Could it be a person?" Elka asked.

Connor smiled warmly at her. She let out a breathy chuckle as she wrapped herself around his torso. He put his arms over her, eyes closed as they sat in each other's embrace.