"Baby you are only twelve you can't go with us on a business trip. Jake is older and is going to be working with us soon." My father tells me wiping one of my cheeks.

"I love you so much my Rosey posey."My mom tells me kissing my cheeks gently. My father does the same. And Jake just hugs me goodbye. Leaving me with my grandma out in the snow watching as they drive away. What was only supposed to be a week without them. Turned into a lifetime.

*End of flashback*

I snap out of my daze and wipe the tear that has escaped. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. Coming up is the seventh year without them. Slowly but surely I go to sleep with nightmares replaying.

—————————————————-

Next morning (August 21)

"ROSE WE HAVE TO GO!" Danny yells at me from the living room.

"Give me a second please!" I slip on my black heels and smooth my shirt one more time grabbing everything I need, including my bagel.

We hustle out the door and we are at Styles INC in no time. I get nervous all of a sudden. With thoughts of rejection swirling around my brain.

Danny walks in and struts up to the reception desk talking and flirting with Alissa. While Alissa blushes, I roll my eyes and laugh a little bit. He checks his watch and we tell her goodbye before entering the elevator.

"Is that really why we had to leave fifteen minutes earlier? So you could talk to your lover?" I snicker as I tease him. Danny's cheeks glow red as I continue taking.

"Shut it Rose." I laugh and double check my bag. We soon step through the elevators and Danny goes to talk to Mr.Styles receptionist, Karen. She tells me to wait a couple minutes and Mr.Styles will be out shortly. Karen was a very pretty blonde,blue eyes,and pretty tall.

"Mr.Styles will see you now." Karen says with a polite smile. I stand up and smooth my skirt telling her "thank you" as I make my way up to his door. I knock and hear a raspy "come in"

As I walk in the first thing that catches my attention is the view again. Just like Danny's office the view is beautiful. But this one even more so. The next thing I notice is his large oak desk, with a nice leather chair behind it. A large bookshelf covering the wall behind the desk filled with books that look like they are filled with anything you need to now about the business world. Two chairs are in front of the desk, and a couple of nice paintings. A black leather couch in the corner.

"Hello,it is so nice to me-"

"Sit." He cuts me off. A moment of realization hits me when I look into his eyes. So much for a good first impression.

"I have read through your resume Danny sent me. I am quite happy with your majors in college. And your experience." He starts off looking at me with his intense green eyes.

"Thank you."

"As you know I need an assistant as soon as possible. Could you start tomorrow, eight am sharp?"he questions.

"Y-yes sir. Of course!"I stumble over my words,mentally scolding myself.

"Perfect. I will give you more details tomorrow on your job. When you come here tomorrow you need to see Karen and she will show you your office. But just know your first fourteen days. You fuck up once then you are out of my office. We also have strict dressing codes here. So don't be wearing jeans in my office, as my assistant you need to look presentable all the time." He states still staring at me. His voice slow and raspy making his accent come out even more.

"Yes sir."I say confidently.

"Prefect, oh and stop calling me sir, it's Mr.Styles. You are now excused." He waves me off with his hand and looks back down at the files in front of his desk.

I rush into Danny's office squealing dancing around singing "I got it, I got it, I got it." He chuckles and congratulates me.

"Knew you would. I put in an extra good word for you."Danny looks up at me and smiles.

"Thanks good ol' Danny boy. Now if you don't mind I am going to go and blow all my money I have left on work clothes." I walk over to him and sit on his desk. Thinking of how to ask for his precious car.

"Ok but how are you-" He stops talking and looks up at me. "No,stop,don't give me that look." Danny glares at me while I give him my puppy dog pout.

"Ok gosh fine. Be careful if you even scratch Roxy I will kill you." Danny glares at me playfully while he throws the keys my way. I catch them and thank him while leaving before he changes his mind.

While leaving I notice that Mr.Styles door is open and see a blonde in there. He notices me and winks. I quickly turn around and press the elevator button.

Before stepping in I hear "Niall listen you nitwitt!" I giggle and descend down.

I hop into Danny's car and start it up. While doing that I also go on the touchscreen and look for a shopping center. I find one ten minutes away. I then connect my phone and put it away while driving to the mall.

————————————————-

It is now eight o'clock at night. I just got home and Danny got home about thirty minutes ago. As I walk in with about ten bags a yawn escapes my mouth and I feel my feet ache even more.

"Wow I love being broke now. It is weird how money works here also." Danny lifts his head from his phone and laughs at my words then goes back to texting.

"Who ya texting? Is it lover girl?" I tease. He blushes and flips me off. I laugh and go into my room. Showering and doing my nightly routine before going to bed.

———————————————————
Sorry if you think this is a little slow. I am still figuring out everything and I don't want to rush. This book will probably be long so be ready:) I have some big plans.
Till next time
-N

Edited August 13, 2019