04. Paradise

you won't fall. i won't let you  •

Theo and Liam stayed the night at the little ranch they'd come across. Early the next morning Liam got up getting his clothes on and leaving his room. It was silent all through the house as he walked down the long hallway.

The floors creaked below him as he walked to the front door. He left the house closing the door gently behind him then going toward the left side of the house.

He had seen another building beside the house which they hadn't cleared yet so he wanted to go over there. Look for himself. He got to the front door of the building looking at it with a frown on his face.

It was a large sliding barn door. The whole building looked like a barn actually. He pulled the door open and looked inside.

"Horses?" Liam said to himself as the two horses looked up at him.

They looked slightly underweight making Liam bite his lip. He hated horses but he couldn't let an animal die a slow death.

Liam stepped into the barn and looked around. Each wall to the right and left of him was lined up with food for the horses. He then looked over at the two horses who weren't really paying attention to him.

"Someone must have really cared for you two." Liam said looking at the two horses.

One was black and white a little smaller than the other. The other horse was tan coloured with a blonde mane and tail. They were both very beautiful horses, not that Liam would ever admit.

He snapped out of his gaze on the two animals and then went over to grab one of the bags. He lifted one turning around only to be faced with a person.

"Hey, Liam," Theo said making Liam jump tripping over his own feet and falling back. The large bag of food landed on his stomach to which he gripped it gasping.

"Theo... you're an asshole!" Liam wheezed out as Theo clutched his stomach in laughter.

Liam stood up, a little wobbly, then he went to punch Theo in the face. Unfortunately his wrist was caught. The chimera just spun him around by his wrist.

The beta's back was now pressed against Theo's chest. Theo held the other teens wrists across Liam's chest which made him unable to move.

"Screw you, Theo," Liam growled as Theo chuckled next to his ear.

Liam could feel Theo's breath on his neck making him shiver. Theo finally let go making Liam move away even though he didn't really want to.

He didn't know why he wanted to stay in Theo's arms. He just got this feeling like he was safe. No, no he was not safe. Theo was an asshole. A deceiving, lying, good looking asshole. Shit. No, he's not good looking.

"I thought you hated horses?" Theo said looking over at the two horses that stood in their separate stalls.

"I do. It's just that... you can't leave an animal like this. Their skinny and don't have water or food. They'll just die if we don't give them food." Liam said as he grabbed the bag of food that lay on the ground.

"You ever rode one bareback?" Theo asked the beta as he found the bridals.

Liam was filling the bucket of the second one when Theo asked. He put the food down as Theo walked over.