01. Chaos

sometimes the person you hate is the person you depend on to survive

"We're almost there," Theo said waking Liam from the short nap he'd been having.

They were on their to meet a pack in New York. They were a powerful one who wanted to come visit Scott someday soon. So Scott sent Liam and Theo on a weekend road trip across the country. Theo complained when they asked him, so did Liam. Scott had the last word though.

The beta had wanted Theo to sleep and him to drive but the chimera didn't listen and now he's tired. They drove for another minute or two more before coming across a four-car pileup on a bridge they were going across. It was in the other side of the meridian.

"Wait, Theo, what if someone needs help?" Liam said not having seen any first responders. He put his hand on Theo's arm trying to get him to stop the truck.

Theo rolled his eyes and stopped the truck, there wasn't anyone else on the road. It was strange. There was a silence that would raise the hair on the back of anyone's neck. Theo felt it, creeps, Liam didn't notice he cared to much if someone was hurt. So much like Scott.

The chimera sighed then looked over at the scene on the other side of the road. He saw two people, one was a woman and the other was a man. Something wasn't right though.

The man, he looked...dead. Theo took a deep breath in as his eyes went widen. He got a bad feeling. And a thought right away.

"We shouldn't be here." He thought as he saw the woman scream.

He needs to protect Liam from getting hurt. The beta was what mattered not some random people who were probably already dead. Right before Liam could get out of the truck Theo put his arm across the betas chest stopping him.

"Stay! Don't go out there!" Theo said a bit panicked.

Then that woman he'd seen scream at the man came running up to Liam's passenger side door. She banged on the window yelling to get in for them to help her but Theo held Liam back. He had this weird feeling in his gut. Like something wasn't right. Like no place was safe.

"Don't Liam! Don't!" Theo yelled and the man Theo saw a few seconds ago ran up and grabbed the woman.

The two teens watched with wide eyes as the she screamed. The man tackled her to the ground Liam leaned toward the window and he tried to get out of Theo's grip but the chimera held him tight. Protect. Protect. Protect Liam. That's what went through his head most days. Today the feeling was just stronger. Following that feeling was reliable and hasn't failed him so far. Hasn't gotten Liam killed or hurt. Good.

"No, she's gone. She's gone, Liam." Theo said pulling the betas head into his chest. Comfort.

Liam was in shock and very confused. Theo was too. Weird shit just happened. Some guy just attacked this woman, ate her.

Theo could feel Liam fisting his shirt tight in his hands. His breathing sounded rapid and panicked. So the chimera muttered, very quietly, it'll be okay, you're okay, and you're safe.

"Drive," Liam said looking up at Theo who looked down at him a bit confused but also sorry that they couldn't save the girl.

But as they parted Liam just jumped back toward Theo seeing the man at the passenger side window. But he didn't look like a man. He had white clouded eyes, blood all over his mouth, his skin looked like it was rotting, and there were stab wounds all over his chest.

"Go! Go! Go! Go, Theo! Drive!" Liam yelled and Theo stepped on the gas the wheels squealing as they sped away from the scene.

They sped down the road past away from that cursed bridge. Liam's breathing was still panicked and his skin looked kind of  like a pale green colour. Not good.