Chapter 21 {THE 7TH DAY, PART TWO}

*WARNING: Graphic violence, blood and angst ahead. Viewer discretion is advised *

Finnian began to run without hesitation, the immediate danger of his situation striking him square in the stomach. He ran, his stomach heavy with boiling nausea as he screamed to Hugh from across the warehouse.

    “Hugh! Run!” he cried as he ran, his blood rushing throughout his veins. He panicked, unsure of where to go. Staring into the maze of high metal shelves before him, he made a split second decision and turned right into one of the aisles. He continued to run, his steps faltering as he began to lose momentum. He made the mistake of looking behind him, Armie Stranger and Ark Lade on his tail. Armie held a long dagger in her hand, the silver blade facing outward in her hand. Ark, trailing behind Armie had his usual Battleaxe slung across his shoulder. Finnian whimpered as he saw the dried blood that caked its flat planes.

    Finnian looked to the side, glimpsing a blur of color through the layers of shelves, before looking forward again. His breathes became heavier and quicker, and his heart pumped even more as his body began to tire. He began to slow down even more before feeling a crushing weight hurl itself into his back, sending him flying across the concrete floor. He hit his head as he collided with the floor, sending a wave of dull pain through his skull. He let out a groan as he felt hands grab at the back of his shirt, his body limp and weak. He was lifted up, his head spinning and his back aching. A cold muscular arm, slowly slithered around his neck like a snake before quickly tightening. Finnian began to squirm about, groaning and helplessly whimpering. His breathing slowed as his face turned a dark purple color. His bloodshot eyes stared intently at the ceiling bulging out of his face, similar to his veins. He was helpless, his legs kicking and dangling beneath him, barely touching the ground.He cried as life left his small frail body, a murky, blurry figure forming in his vision. He heard vague echoes, hollars and screams as the figure rushed at them, something glinting in his hand. The figure rushed past him and there was another cry, this one of war.

    The next moment he was on the ground, gasping for air like a fish out of water as he collapsed onto the ground once again. He laid there still as the sound around him began to gain clarity again. He lifted himself off of the ground, the world tilted and blurred. He woozily turned around, faltering about. He looked before him at a rush of movement, a boy about his head with a mop of black hair darted about Ark and Armie with a small knife in his hand- it was Hugh. finnian helplessly watched,his body dizzy and sick, as Hugh recklessly swung his knife about- hoping to land a hit. Ark took a step back as Armie fought back, her movements with her knife like that of a rabid animal. She swung and slashed, cutting through Hughes forearm. Finnian let out a soft yelp as he watched blood spray from the knife and onto the floor. Arks head cracked towards Finnian, his single eye trained onto him a bird of prey.

    He dashed at Finnian, who began to run again. His steps were lazy and uncoordinated, no match for Ark who quickly caught up to him. Ark caught him by the hair, yanking him back before slamming the side of his head with a heavy handed fist. Finnian began to collapse to the ground before Ark grabbed him by the hair, and began dragging him away, the boy beneath his quivering and screaming.

    Hugh quickly glanced over at Finn, watching with agony as he watched him being dragged away by Ark. Taking advantage of the distraction Armie lands a precise yet shallow cut yet again on his forearm. He began to swing back, blood soaking through his black tee shirt before dripping onto the floor. The two began to fight again, a series of reckless yet potentially deadly swings of their knives. Hugh found himself being backed up against the nearest shelf, Armie’s attacks quicker and harder to block than his. She suddenly shoved him back , his back slamming into the shelf. Before he knew it she had him pinned to the wall, her knife pressed against his neck.