CHAPTER 2{Chariot Rides}

There were thousands of people... Thousands of people of all religions, races, sexes, and ages sitting in the tower like bleachers that lined the sides of the silver and black road that hosted the Hunger Games annual Chariot Rides, the ultimate symbol of how the Capital had veiwed the deathes of
1,725 young children, as a nothing but a show and a game.

Many people in the stands were joyous, as they watched the beginnings of what was about to be their games. A game of revenge for seventy five years of having their children mercilessly slaughtered by the iron fist that was the almighty Capital.
And of course there were  those who carried heavy and solemn souls. Those souls who suffered watching their "innocent" children enter into the games that would most likely end their lives in a bloody and disturbing way that no one should ever face, man, woman, adult or child.
For many years they cheered during this event, but now they cry and mourn.

Suddenly the spire like street lamps activated, illuminating the road with lights of blue, purple, and pink hues. Light reflected off of the dullsilver Mockingjay engraved into the tremendously wide road. This was it. The Final Hunger Games were officially started, and a great deal of souls were crushed as their nightmares became a reality.

Suddenly a soft but disturbed voice rang out through the crowds. It was the once beloved Peeta Mellark.
"Good Evening Everyone... It's Peeta Mellark, a víctor from the 74th and 75th Hunger Games" the young man mumbles into the microphone. At first the Young Victor from 12 was excited to get revenge, but every time he took his PTSD pills he changed. A part of him wanted revenge... Another wanted to sympathize with these children and save them...

"Welcome to the official beginnings of the Capital Games." he says trying to sound excited but utterly failing in the eyes of everyone on board the Game host crew.
Suddenly a strange sound, of hushed bickering and shuffling echoes through the stadium as one of the most darling of victors pushes the young man out of the way.
"Welcome back you f***ing morons" a much more harsh and femine voice rings out. It's Johanna Mason, taking over. Many people hoped she wouldn't lose it again, but most people knew that was very unlikely.

"Let us begin this shit show." she spits out, her anger and sarcasm never ceasing. In general Johanna was fairly kind but when it came to the capital, she was almost a completely different person.
Then as her microphone turned off for a few moments the music started. Everyone, including the districts themselves, expected the Panem National Anthem to blare throughout the stadium, setting an epic and "entertaining" to the games . That's not what they got... Instead the infamous Hanging Tree had begun its dark and sympathetic tune truely setting the mood for these final bloody games

"Are you, are you coming to the tree? "

The first Chariot to come out was pulled by two young colts, one shadow black the other pale as snow. The cart they pull is made from sheet metal and on the sides are inscribed two words, the theme of this Chariot   "Child Labor "
Two young boys stand in the small Chariot, Hugh Wellben and Finnian Calibur. Finn wears a pair of denim overalls, his pale shoulders and upper chest visible. On his head is a straw hat, With a thin leather strip keeping it in his head. His face and arms are painted to look sun burnt and he's covered in dirt.
Hugh wears black and brown clothes that are obviously loosely fit and hand off of his body. He's completely covered in coal dust and he's wearing a bright yellow mining helmet that illuminates the horses in front of him.
Not all people see it but the boys are holding hands. Over the past two days they had grown close. Not romantically but in a friendship way.

"Where's they strung up a man they say who murdered three..."

The next Chariot is pulled by two brown and white spotted horses, who have spray paint on their under sides to make them look super bony and skinny. The Chariot they pull is a wooden cart filled with fruit and two tributes. Burnt into the wood is the word "Starvation"
Ruby Terrace and Rayna Alicya Hart stand side by side, Alicya slightly towering over the much younger girl. They were both dressed in similar outfits, old dresses that were similar to the dresses of the long lost 1950s. Part of their dresses were translucent, exposing their sides and ribs. Like the horses their bones were excentuaited to look even bonier and their faces looked sunken in from the light paint.
The two girls waved to the crowd. They both knew the importance of winning the crowds support. If the Capital didn't like you there was no hope... The only ones to ever broke this almighty law was the Mockingjay Rebellion.