CHAPTER 1{Reapings}

The crowds were silent. The cool and dry winter air was thick with tension and fears of the capital. This was their children waiting to find out if they would live... Their children, this wasn't right...

Mothers were quietly sobbing, fathers were glaring off into the distance a forlorness in their bright neon eyes. The fear, it was something noone in the capital had ever experienced. But all the Districts did, for the past seventy five years. The Districts, the Rebellion, they were ready for this. The citizens of the capital would finally feel their pain and their fear.

The vibrant and outrageous adults of the capital were arranged in a semi circle around a large group of about 1000 young children and teens, their ages varying from twelve to eighteen, like any normal games. They were currently in front of the Capital building , the large Grey and white building towering above the people like a large oak tree behind a pile of pebbles.

On the marble steps into the capital was were two young women. The Mockingjay herself, and Joanna Mason, one of the few surviving Victors. Katniss was simply wearing jeans, and a leather hunting jacket. These games were about revenge, not theatrics. Entertainment was secondary to the suffering the capital was about to endure on the next few weeks.
In front of Johanna was a microphone that reached right below her chin. She looked down at it, a script in her hands. She was shaking, the crowd did not know why though. Most thought it was anger and rage boiling within her, while others thought memories of her past were interfering with her mind.

The silence was suddenly punctured the rough and undesirable sound of the young, short haired woman clearing her throat.
"Good Morning ladies and gentlemen..." she muttered just loud enough for the microphone to catch. She took a loud deep breath before continuing, a sudden confidence all of Panem knew, infiltrating her voice.
"Welcome to the annual and final 76th Hunger Games you motherf***ers!" she yells almost like a war cry, it's attacking tone irritating the already miserable citizens of the capital.

The past three months had been "rough" for the capital. Now that the rebellion had started changing the laws, the Districts were finally being supplied witch's proper amounts of food and other necessities leaving the capital at a loss. People had to go back to work, keeping their society functioning since most politicians had been executed and the Districts weren't handling everything besides the dreaded fashion of Panems society. The borders were also now open, for the Districts at least. People of all ages, races, and Districts poured into the capital until their homes had been rebuilt. Many capital citizens have given up their multiple or homes for the ever growing population. Of course these issues were nothing, but for a city that knew no pain, it was as if the world was crashing down upon them.

Katniss looked over at Johanna with a slight disapproving glare before returning her eyes to the crowd of children before her. She had been in full support of these games. Many thought the death of her sister had triggered an even more intense hate that was barely outmatched by her fellow Victors.
"This year, the Hunger Games will be for your miserable brats!" Johanna screams dropping get script to the ground and stomping on it. Needless to say somewhere in the Audience, Effie Trinket, one of the few Capital citizens who fully supported the Rebellion, rolled her eyes as her precious script was abandoned. Ironically she was against these games, but nonetheless she wanted to make it all go as smooth as possible. A third rebellion would destroy all of Panem for sure.
"This year you will experience our pain! Our sorrows! As you go into that arena you will truely realize that this was no game! And that us people from the Districts, went through hell!!!" Johanna screams looking at the crowd of teens in front of her. She swipes her hand, knocking over the mic before walking to the side of the grand steps joining the still living Victors; Peeta, Haymitch, Beebee, and Enobaria.
Katniss seemed somewhat prepared for this as she calmly walked over to the mic and picked it up.
"As it is tradition, we will begin these games by selecting 24 children, your children to fight this year..." Katniss began, her hate apparent, but not her internal rage.
"I will now begin these games by selecting the twelve girls who are to participate... Then Peeta Melark Wil select our boys" she scowls, glancing over at Peeta as she walked over to a large glass bowl with a red Mockingjay on it.
She gently reached her hand into the bowl for not even two seconds before pulling out a slip. She unfolded it, carefully but quickly behind shouting out the name.
"Rayna... Alicya... Hart! " she cries out the tension suddenly releasing as thousands of parents survived the first rounds of the Reapings.