Chapter 2: Leaving here for good

Start from the beginning

As we were leaving our neighbourhood, we happen to pass by Liam's house. I see Liam playing basketball with his bunch of popular friends.

When he sees our car, he instantly recognizes it. From the corner of my eye, I see he stops playing and instead stands, holding the ball in his hand looking in my direction. I look straight avoiding eye contact with him while my sisters look at him and smile back.

My phone vibrates and I see that Liam had messaged me, but I did not open it, wanting to end everything that we had. Instead, I shut my phone off and put my phone inside my bag.

Thirty minutes later we reach the post office, and my dad turns to me, "Taylor, I am giving you ten minutes to post your things. Be quick so that we do not miss our flight."

I nod in response and quickly head inside the post office, the box in one hand.

I walk up to the counter and say, "Good afternoon, I would like to send this package."

The woman at the counter, who looked like she was in her late twenties, says, "Good afternoon. Okay, here is the form that you need to fill in; make sure that you write the delivery address clearly."

I smile and say, "Thank you."

I take the paper and marker from her and sat down in an empty spot to fill in the form.

After I'm done, I go back to the counter, hand the form and box to her and ask, "I am done. How much do I need to pay?"

She weighs the box, looks at the computer screen, and says, "It is $5."

I pass her a five-dollar bill. "Thank you."

She smiles. "You too, sweetheart. Have a nice day."

I smile at her and turn around making my way back to the car. Dad starts the engine and we are finally headed to the airport.

After an hour of driving, we finally reach the airport and I begin to take some of our belongings and arranging them on the trolley. Uncle Sam was already there, and he walks up to us. "Have a nice trip, everyone. I will take good care of your car."

Dad gives him a brotherly hug. "You better take good care of my car or else I am going to make you buy me a new car."

All of us laugh and wave at Uncle Sam as we make our way into the airport.

After having smoothly navigated through security checks, we are currently sitting down in our seats, waiting for our plane to depart which will be probably in a few more minutes. Mom dials Liam's mom's phone number to inform her that we're moving to New York and that we're already in the plane, while I just stare out of the window.

Suddenly, there was an announcement. "Good afternoon, everyone. I am your captain, Captain Mark, today. We are going to depart soon. Please switch off your phone or turn it to airplane mode and please put on your seatbelt for safety. Thank you."

I clip on my seatbelt and hear my mom saying goodbye to Liam's mom. Mom turns her head to me and says, "I told her already and she wishes you all the best for your future."

I nod my head in response and look straight, feeling the plane taking off slowly from the ground.

We were finally leaving this place behind. I took this chance and look out of the window, admiring the beauty of my hometown.

"Goodbye," I say softly, placing my palm on the window and feel a tear roll down my cheeks.

Mom grasps my hand and says, "Don't worry. You will make many friends in New York. Don't think about what happened anymore okay?"

I gave her a sad smile and look away.

Never look back at this place again and move on. This will be my new beginning. I repeat this in my head a hundred times before I drift off to sleep wondering what my future will be like...

 I repeat this in my head a hundred times before I drift off to sleep wondering what my future will be like

Song 🎶: Back To December by Taylor Swift

So what happened next?? 🤔🤔

How will her new life in New York be like?? 🧐🧐

Remember to vote for this chapter by clicking the star 🌟 button below

Do comment your thoughts below 😊