ORLAN LUIS BALCAZAR *VOICE ACTOR*

(I'd like to dedicate this OC to my late friend, whom he reminds me of dearly

(I'd like to dedicate this OC to my late friend, whom he reminds me of dearly. </3)

Name: Orlan Balcazar

Age: 18

Sexuality: Bisexual (i'll give it a shot lmao)

Face claim: Xavier Serrano

From: San Marcos, Texas

Personality:

Orlan is as free as a bird who not know the word 'cage'. He's adventurous, energetic, and happy when others may find themselves downtrodden. It's true - this guy can always find a reason to smile, despite the world of hardships that exist around him, he prefers to look at the bright side and see the good before the bad. To see him in a bad mood would be rare and dire. You're best to assume it's something quite serious if his youth has lost him. But he wouldn't want us to dwell on that. He'd want everyone to know that life is a game meant to be played, and merriment was quintessential to a full and prosperous life.

It's also certain that Orlan can get a bit goofy. If it's not trying the untried, it's getting his boundless energy out by exploring. If it's not garnishing attention in a quest for friendship and connection, it's a well-intentioned antic to get the party started. He would be hard pressed to name a favorite anything, so you'd sooner be fruitful by asking what he doesn't like than what he does. Sure, he's an adult now, and being an adult comes with a whole new set of responsibilities, as well as losing the cute, reminiscent gaze from others to signal, "he's just kid." But Orlan understand mortality quite well, and he's not about to let it suck him up before he's done enjoying everything that humanity has to offer. In short, he's not ready to grow up, and assume a stuffy role.

Orlan is a people person - he loves to make friends, and just won't stand for it if someone doesn't quite enjoy his company. He will pick at you until you concede to liking him just the same. That being said, when he has found your loyalty, he won't go back on it. He's true blue to the very end, taking his bonds and connections with others very, very seriously, to the point that he may become protective. But then, he'd just want to make friends with the enemy anyway. When it comes to women, Oro can be a bit aloof about his flirtatious tendencies. Where he might think he's just being friendly and having some fun, others might view as his attempt to pick them up. But it's usually not meant in that manner. It's going to take a special girl break that friendship barrier with him, and be someone of his pure interest.

Oro loves laughter, loves fun, and loves high energy situations...whether it be adventuring the open land, or watching a fueled up movie, which he will talk through the entire time and ask a million questions. Whatever it is, if he's surrounded by his friends, he's satisfied.

likes: Where to start? Oro loves everything! He'd be content with a stroll in the park, or a hike up a mountain. He loves music, a guitar and piano player himself, also dabbing in singing just a bit, but he's not so confident in that. (go figure!) he's a charitable person who doesn't mind sharing what he has with others - in fact, the deed does a lot when he himself is feeling down. He likes to excise, but not in a gym. That's a bit too mundane. He'd rather be cliff diving, or chasing chickens. He loves a sense of adventure, making new friends, and making people smile.

dislikes: This list should be short, considering this guy is so easy going, it's hard to tell just what he doesn't like. One thing for certain is staying cooped up for too long, or feeling restricted by his clothing. Another might be being unable to suck someone into his friendship gravity - but that doesn't mean he'll give up. Sometimes, things will get him down...it's usually if he himself lets someone down, or if the world starts to shatter around him. He doesn't like confrontation, and will become irate if you blatantly lie. He can get a little jealous of someone he likes!

Background:

Oro's background isn't the most pleasant, perhaps attributing to his insatiable need for happiness. He was dropped off at an orphanage as a baby, with nothing but a name-tag attached to his bassinet. Because of this, he was forced in and out of foster homes, and rarely were they ever in particularly nice places. Typically he resided in the hood, or low income ares where crime was rampant, and you had to watch your back walking home at night. They typically tell you that to survive those situations, you'd want to join a gang...but something about that to Orlan seemed a bit fake, as if it weren't true connection, but built on what it could do for you socially and economically. That lead to some further isolation.

But, he managed to keep his head up through it all, and eventually, his lonely days were over. An older couple took him in on the other side of town, and that's when he began meeting people worth while. The interactions gave him life; the admiration he garnished from laughter was his high, and he feared, more than anything else, to lose the bonds he'd created with people around him. It didn't mean that people didn't come and go, it just meant that it was never at any fault of his own if he could help it. After meeting you for the very first time, he might be willing the share the shirt off his back, or at least buy you a coffee. His exudes a lightness that is magnetic - a beacon of light in a cruel situation.

Orlan had just been being goofy in a barber shop - yes, a barber shop - when he'd randomly gotten discovered for his voice. Singing, telling dumb stories, laughing - someone out there who was looking for someone to do some voice work, scooped him right up right then and there, and the rest is history. He's voice cartoon characters, anime characters, video game characters, commercials....you name it, he's probably done it. Alas, nobody really knows his face, considering all they hear is his voice. His most prolific role right now is probably as the cartoon super hero "Freefall", a new addition to the DC super hero universe, which premiers on Cartoon network. 

(How I imagine Freefall: )

Other: He can speak Spanish, sometimes inserting it into his speech

Other: He can speak Spanish, sometimes inserting it into his speech. His whole life, he's worked odd jobs here and there to make a buck. He's had flings with girls here and there, but they never tended to go in his favor.

Family:

Foster - grandfather: Arman Hernandez

Foster - grandmother: Sandra Hernandez

Foster brother : Juan Paul Reyes