Chapter 46: The Second Fight, Part I

Chapter 46: The Second fight, Part I:

Carlisle turned quickly to Aro and Caius. “You either fight with us, or I kill you right now. Which is it?” The last two leaders of the Volturi exchanged a quick glance, then stood and nodded.

Carlisle turned back to the Romanians. “Stefan, please don’t do this. We are severely outnumbered, it will be a massacre.”

Stefan shrugged, clearly not bothered by this fact.

The air hung heavily around us. The moment of tension stretched out, each side waiting for the other to make the first move.

Vladamir raised his arm very dramatically, pointed his gun at Carlisle and fired. Carlisle anticipated the shot, and leaned out of the way.

The moment burst immediately. Everyone, including Charlie and Demetri, who had apparently crept up behind us to join out side, ran forward.

There was no plan of attack this time, no strategies to play off of or advice to follow. We had no idea what we were doing, other than trying to survive. Again.

I was surprised at how easily the moves flowed over my body. For someone who had never been in a real fight before, I was doing fairly well. As much as I hated that we were having to fight again, I relished the opportunity to actually do some fighting. I had no need to raise and control my shield, the Romanians and their soldiers had no special powers. I could focus entirely on fighting. Well, not entirely.

Half of my concentration was spent on fighting, the other half followed Edward’s every move, terrified that he would be injured or killed.

While he was tearing apart a soldier, I Demetri lunge at him from behind. He wrapped his arms around Edward’s neck and started to pull.

It felt like I was moving through a sea of molasses….my limbs would not move as quickly as I told them to.  Right as the cracks were starting to spread across Edward’s porcelain skin, I jumped onto Demetri’s back and snapped his neck. His hold on Edward’s neck was slack, and his hands fell to his sides while he slid to the ground. Edward’s skin quickly smoothed over and was a perfect pale white once more. I reached out and touched his face, pouring my thoughts and emtions into his mind to show him how I felt, how relieved I was that he was alright.

Our moment was quickly interrupted by Garrett, who had been thrown into the air and now landed at our feet. He wasn’t moving.

Jacob was tearing the soldiers up, he and sam, as Alphas, were the strongest. They worked as a team, as one baited a soldier, the other leapt on them from behind and tore them apart. They seemed to have made a significant dent on the soldier’s numbers, but it wasn’t enough. We were loosing people too quickly to win this. Carlisle was right-it was a massacre.

As Edward and I fought, we saw both Alice and Jasper get killed. The pain lurched in my stomach as I watched my sister fall to the ground, still as ice. Tanya and Kachiri followed soon after. Charlotte, Peter, and Tia fell shortly after Siobhan and Maggie. Benjamin stopped fighting to concentrate on creating a fighter made of rocks, but he was instantly killed.

The number of soldiers surrounding us was growing rapidly, they were closing in around Edward and I, surrounding us.

“Jacob! Sam!” Edward called out. Somehow, above the yelling and snarling and the sound of tearing porcelain, they head us and rushed to our aid.

Suddenly, as Jacob and Sam leapt over the heads of the soldiers and landed in the center with us, Edward snickered. He actually snickered. Here, while we watched out friends and family die, he snickered?

“What the hell is so funny?” I asked him incredulously.

He smiled my favorite crooked smile, and whispered “And here I thought I’d seen everything. He still has surprises left in him.”

Before I could ask what the heck he was talking about, I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. All the wolves were leaving their battles, and running towards us at top speed.

“What’s going on?” I asked Edward.

“You’ll see.” He smiled. “I think we’re about to win.”

Pleae comment! =)