Chapter 37:

**Ok, this is the twist I was considering. I was not sure on wether or not to pursue this part of the story, but I'm happy with my decision to go ahead and try it! PLEASE let me know what you think of this twist! :)

~Katiebell

PS~ This is dedicated to BeautifulRose16, because she helped me make the decision to go with the twist :) Please check out her work, she is a truly amazing writer!

Chapter 37:

“Bella!” I could dimly hear Carlisle’s voice calling me, and I willed myself to stop screaming….but I could not. I was no longer in control.

After a few moments I felt someone’s hand over my mouth. My first instinct was to bite the hand, but I resisted. The hand muted my screams enough for me to hear Carlisle.

“Bella! They’re not dead! They’re alive! They are changing, I need your help!”

I stopped screaming, but my body kept shaking with dry sobs.

“W-W-What?” I asked.

“All three of them are changing, I need you to make a decision! Do you want to suck the venom out, as Edward did for you, or do you want to let them change?

My head was spinning too fast. I never thought I would have to make this decision….how could I? Charlie got freaked out by the supernatural world as it was, and Rene had just been brought into it. If they changed, they could be with me forever, they could play with their grandkids, and all live with us forever. …

…But what if they don’t want this? What if they’re miserable, and hate this life? I’d be responsible. This is all my fault….

“Bella, love, we need a decision!” Edward said in my ear. He was still holding me, rocking me like a child in his lap.

“I-I can’t…” I sobbed.

“Yes, you can. You can do this. You have to. They need you, Bella.” Carlisle said softly.

I heard my mother groan in pain. Oh god…the pain…..they must be going through hell right now…..

“I can’t put them through that! I barely survived it!” I gasped.

Edward looked down at me quizzically. Oh, crap….he was never supposed to know about that…

“Bella, they’ve lost too much blood as it is. At their age….I’m afraid they won’t survive. If we don’t let them change, they will die.” Carlisle said softly. In the back of my mind, I was reminded of how excellent his bedside manner is, honest, straightforward, but comforting, sympathetic.

“They’ll die? Now?” I asked.

He nodded somberly.

I held onto Edward tighter, still crying. Was it their time? Should I let them die?

“What do I do?” I asked Edward, looking up into his golden eyes. They were filled with sadness, guilt, and pity.

“Do you think they would be able to adapt to our life?” He asked quietly. “They would get used to hunting. Your mother could travel like she’s always wanted. Your dad could take fishing and hunting to a whole new level. And they would get to spend the rest of eternity with their daughter and grandkids.”

“And if they hate it?”

He was silent. “Then I don’t know.”

I closed my eyes and groaned.