Renesme's Dream (aka Life with Renesme) Chapter 10

Heyy y'all! Sorry it's taken me so long to upload here, lots of crazy stuff going on lol.

Well, here's the next chapter! Things are about to take off and get crazy! This part was alot of fun to write, simply for the drama lol!

PLEASE let me know how you like it! I love the comments :D :D :D

An old lady answered the door. I knew instantly it was her, she had the same eyes, although now there were wrinkles and bags under them. Her once black hair was mostly silver, with only strands of black now remaining. I could see in detail every wrinkle, every sign of aging.

It was the same reaction I had had with my father; I was completely composed on the outside, but on the inside, I was pretty freaked out. I'm watching everyone I know and love grow old, while I stay young forever. I had no idea how awkward and weird this would feel!

"Bella? Is that you?" Angela said, reaching for the glasses that hung around her neck.

"Angela!" I said excitedly. Too hyper, to young. I cleared my throat, and tried again. "How are you?"

"I'm well, I'm well, come in dear!"

I followed her into her home, and into the living room. There were pictures of family everywhere.

"Who was it?" I heard someone call from the kitchen.

"It's Bella Swa-, er, I mean Bella Cullen! Come out here and say hello!" Angela answered the voice.

Erik came out of the kitchen and grinned at me. "Well, well! What a surprise! I didn't think we'd ever get to see you again, Bella! How are you?" He asked as we all saw on the couch.

"I'm fine, how are you guys? How's married life going?"

"Great!" They both said, then smiled

"We have three children, and five grandchildren." Angela gushed. I looked at pictures, awed over cute craft projects like the jewelry box made of twigs, and listened to stories and memories.

I loved every minute of it.

When Angela asked me how Edward was doing, I paused for a moment, not sure what to say.

"He's doing well, he just got out of a government contract, and we adopted a little girl. We've wanted children for years but with his job it just wasn't possible." I inwardly sighed. They wouldn't have noticed, but for an eighth of a second, I had forgotten out cover story!

"Aww what's her name?" Angela asked me.

"Renesmee."

"That's beautiful! I've never heard it before..." Erik said.

"It's a combination of Rene and Esme, out two mothers."

"That's brilliant!"

"Thanks. She's over with Charlie and our family, back at the house."

"Do you have a picture?" Angela asked. I pulled out my purse. I had had to but a granny style purse from a store on the way here, realizing that the style I carried (when I ever DID carry a purse, that is) was much too young for the age I was supposed to be.

They awed over my beautiful daughter, remarking that she looked just like Edward and I.

"Yes, it was strange how that worked out." Was all I said in response. They left it at that.

A few hours later, I left, not wanting to say goodbye to them. We hugged, and promised we would write.

Driving home, I was glad I was a vampire, and no longer human. If I were human now, life with Edward would be plenty awkward, me being old, him being his perfect 17 year old self.