Renesme's Dream: Chapter 21: The Story

Ok, ok I know it's been forever. I'm truly sorry!  I've had NO IDEA how to continue this story, but I had a breakthough this afternoon and have been madly typing away. My hands are actually going numb haha. So here it is! Finally!, right? haha! Enjoy!

Chapter 21:

**KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK**

“Hello? Who’s there?”

“It’s me, Esme. We met a few nights ago?”

Ben opened the door. “Oh, hello there. Something I can do for you?” He leaned against the door frame.

“Well, I remembered that Max was interested in seeing the bookstore, has he gone yet?”

“No, I haven’t.” Max said as he came to the door. “Ben won’t let me go into town, he’s afraid that I’ll eat someone.” He scoffed.

I shifted my weight carefully on the tree branch above them. Edward, Emmett, Rose and I were watching Esme’s back, making sure they wouldn’t hurt her.

“Would it be alright if I take him Ben? I need a new book anyways, it wouldn’t be any trouble.”

“I suppose. Just make sure to bring him right back, no side trips, got it?” He said, his eyes full of suspicion. He seemed the type to be wary of everyone, no matter their appearance.        

Esme nodded. “As you wish. Are you ready to go, Max?”

Max nodded and took Esme’s offered hand. They jumped to the ground and ran off. Ben closed the door and we heard a radio set being turned on in the tree house.

“Ready? Emmett asked us. We nodded and jumped onto the platform serving as the porch of the tree house. We landed silently.

Emmett silently picked the lock and swung the door open effortlessly.

We crept inside and saw the man sitting in a lawn chair with his back to us.

Emmett held up the chloroform spray bottle we had rigged and sprayed it right up his nose from behind.

“What the!!” was all Ben had time to utter before falling to the floor.

“Amazing,” Rosalie said. “I never would have thought that stuff would work on a vampire.”

“Me neither.” Said Emmett. We had tested it yesterday on Emmett to see if it worked. One small sniff and he had fallen like a rock.

“I wonder how come he didn’t hear us? I mean with heightened senses and all he should have heard us.” Rosalie said.

“Well he wasn’t expecting us, so he wasn’t alert, and he was distracted by the radio, and….that.” Emmett pointed to the playboy laying on the floor where Ben had dropped it.

“Gross.” I said.

“Oh, I don’t know….she looks alright to me….” Emmett muttered. Rosalie and I both smacked him on the head.

*~*~*~*~*

We carried him down to the car, and put him in. It was the middle of the day, so most people were either at work or school or running errands, not peering out their windows. We drove back to Billy’s house and tied him up with ropes to a cement pole in the basement.

“I don’t think that will hold him.” Edward said.

We agreed and got some metal chains from the garage (I have no idea why Billy had those) and fastened him to the pole standing in the center of the room.