Jinki (fluff) | Love Like Oxygen

Hey everyone! Here is the final set of member Imagines I have decided to publish before I finish this book. There will be 7 updates: Jinki, Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho, Taemin, and a SHINee OT5 Imagines that is broken down into two updates. I have all the Imagines written out so all I have to do is publish them so guess what, from here on out it's gonna be continuous updates! I'll be updating everyday!

That's all I have to say for now, I'll let y'all progress to the imagine now. Enjoy! :)

After years of countless hard work and straining effort, you had finally achieved the Master's degree you had worked for. To celebrate the new success, your parents threw a party which you could not say no to; the simple joy on your family's faces, your friends' faces, and your boyfriend Jinki's face was enough to satisfy your celebratory needs.

You dressed up in white jeans and a pearl aqua buttoned up shirt paired with matching white accessories and white sneakers. After setting your freshly curled up hair into a nice hairstyle, you double checked yourself before you left for the venue with your parents.

You impatiently waited for your boyfriend and his family to arrive, which did not take too long, fortunately. You immediately went up to Jinki and pulled him into a soft hug as sheer joy oozed out of you. Jinki chuckled at your excitement and wrapped his muscular arms gently around you, embracing you into a warm hug. You broke away and greeted his parents before walking away to greet other oncoming guests. The event continued on and the guests busied themselves into the joyous atmosphere that was hanging in the air.

When the time for your little surprise which you had planned for your parents was lingering behind your shoulder, you busied yourself in double checking the dinner to hinder away from nervousness.

"You look gorgeous today" Jinki audibly whispered in your ear from behind catching you in a surprise and you jumped at his sudden appearance before blushing at his words. You decided to let it slip not falling into his trap of words, however, the smile still decorated your lips. "Why aren't you replying back to me" you felt Jinki frown behind your back, in a playful manner. You turned around to face him, acknowledging him look dashing in the tight black jeans which were ripped by his knee paired with a white buttoned up shirt while his fluffy pink hair was set into a perfect mess. "You look handsome today" you looked into his eyes, feeling shyness chill your bones. "That I always do" he took a step closer, circling his arms around your waist and your breath hitched. Unfortunately, you could not take a step farther because the table behind you restricted your path, but fortunately, everyone was busy in their own little world to turn their heads around to look at you.

"I love how good my color looks on you" Jinki bit his lip and smirked, his hoarse voice setting your senses on fire when he referred to your pearl aqua shirt that was the color of his fandom, SHINee World. Not being able to handle the mixture of the heat and nervousness, you hurriedly pulled away. "I have to go" you immediately turned around and walked away, leaving an abruptly shocked Jinki behind while you silently giggled.

You scanned the venue seeing people too caught up and you knew this was now the right time for your surprise. You walked in the front and grabbed the mike. "Good evening everyone! First of all, thank you for attending this lovely party that my parents threw in celebration for me earning my Master's degree. Today, while my parents chose to throw me this fancy party, I chose to add a little surprise of my own. Today, I want to dedicate a little speech to my parents because I am where I am because of them. This is the least I can do to express my gratitude towards them." You smiled, feeling a tad bit nervous simultaneously and looked to where your parents were. They stood not too far, a heartwarming smiling gracing their lips and a look of surprise shadowing in their eyes. You ushered them to come closer. They stood on your left while Jinki, who was left behind earlier was now standing a little behind on your right.

You focused your attention towards your parents and proceeded to convey your genuine words thanking them for believing in you and encouraging you to do your very best. The mini speech ended after not too long and everyone applauded as you blushed at your expressive moment while your parents engulfed you into a hug. Expressing your love to your parents was not something you did day in and day out. It was always a challenge to your shy soul, so the turn of events today left you and your parents overwhelmed with the wave of happiness.

"You're not going to say anything about your boyfriend Jinki?" One of your friends shouted with a smirk and you smiled, realizing a bit too late that Jinki was standing on your right the whole entire time. You looked towards Jinki and he smiled shyly, urging you to give him the mike. "I'm actually glad she didn't dedicate anything for me because today is Y/N and her parents' day only. They deserve all the love. Since I have the mike I would like to say a few words too. I am really proud of Y/N and I want to thank her parents for trusting me and blessing me with their precious daughter. Im glad I have Y/N in my life because I love her a lot. Y/N makes me complete" Jinki concluded with a shy smile and looked down at his dancing feet in nervousness and you looked at him with widened eyes, a shy smile of your own not leaving your lips.

Everyone in the audience cooed at Jinki's mini confession- which wasn't new to you- and you naturally hid your face in your hands and turned towards your mom to hide in her arms, because even though his words weren't new to you, this form of expression sure was. However, your mom playfully pushed you towards Jinki, indicating that you go hide in his arms. You giggled at her actions and hid your face in Jinki's chest while he wrapped his arms around you. You heard him chuckle at the moment. Once the rave calmed, you announced the time for dinner and everyone scattered away.

You were about to walk away too when Jinki tugged at your wrist and pulled you back towards him. "Are you going to leave without giving me a kiss?" You blinked your eyes in surprise at a pouting Jinki, taken aback at his sudden need for public display of affection considering how grounded and reserved Jinki was. "What has gotten into you today?" You furrowed your eyebrows at him and chuckled. "Nothing I just haven't gotten a kiss from you today and I want one!" He continued to pout as he circled his thumb on your upper arm. "I rarely see you. Now that I've gotten a day off with you all I ask for is a kiss" his fought with his words while his eyes pleaded you. You quickly looked at your surroundings to see if anyone was looking. When the coast was clear and no one had their attention on you, you turned towards Jinki with a smile and kissed his lips for good 5 seconds before pulling away.

"Is that good enough?" You asked after pulling apart.

"Works for now but the real showdown is tonight" Jinki winked at you and you gasped.

"First off, you don't have work tomorrow? And second off, can you be a little more direct about it?" You rolled your eyes in sarcasm and Jinki laughed. "No, I don't have a schedule tomorrow so I decided to spend some time with you" You beamed a smile before leaning forward once again to give him a kiss. "That's the best gift you can give me" You pulled away and broke apart in contentment.

"Come on let's go eat now" You tugged at his arm and he followed you with a smile to wherever you took him.