Jonghyun (fluff) | Queen of New York

Being a second generation solo artist from SM came with its own pros and cons. Busy schedule called for tight times, but you were content with the support you were receiving and the music you were producing. You are a fairly new artist who debuted about 2 years ago so getting yourself situated in the industry wasn't too easy, but you were getting there.

A few months ago, you had won your very first award ever since debut days, and you were overwhelmed by the support. The end of the year awards were currently approaching so to celebrate your first ever win you decided to give a special performance. The performance consisted of 3 of your own songs, and the final song was a cover of a song special to you by your all time favorite artist: Kim Jonghyun from SHINee. Saying you weren't nervous would be a total lie, you were sweating in nervousness. Working in the same company as Jonghyun obviously resulted in you two knowing about each other, but you two barely conversed. Who should you curse other than yourself, you're naturally shy and introverted, it's not easy for you to socially put yourself out there. But despite of all the nervousness and fears, you decided, nonetheless, to go about with this performance and do your very best no matter what.

Your stylist got you ready for the award show and you left for the venue. For now, you were wearing black shorts and black knee length boots paired with a dark red buttoned up blazer that fell to the length of your black shorts.

Upon arriving the venue, you immediately took a seat on your respective reserved seat after you finished all the photoshoots and mini interviews. The award show started and as time towards your performance inched, your hands grew sweaty and it was because of the special performance you had planned. Thinking about the special performance caused your mind to wander to Jonghyun. You wanted to know where he was sitting, you just wanted to be aware of you surroundings, however, you were halted in between when your name was announced for an award. You smiled in surprise and got up to receive your award, not knowing what it is for. Luckily, you skimmed the award real quick to know what this honor was for. You finished your speech without a problem and took a seat. A little after, your stylist and manager pulled you away to get you ready for your performance. Well, now that time was closer, you were shivering in your wits. You were scared of embarrassing yourself, if anything. Your stylist sensed your nervousness and offered you some wise words of advice which helped for now, but you hoped they last longer.

"And now, we have a performance by Y/N who is a new SM artist. She rose the charts this year with her first studio album, which also landed her with her first ever award. She seems like a promising artist, I hope to see what she has more in store for us, but for now, let's sit back and enjoy the performance ahead of us. Please welcome Y/N !!" The host introduced you and you took your position on the stage, performing snippets of your songs: Top Ten, No Strings Attached, and Why.

The time which you feared arrived and you rushed backstage to get changed into your new outfit for your special performance. You changed into a baby pink long dress that was filled with sequins towards the bottom and had a huge trail at the back. After getting ready with some touch ups, you were carefully walked towards the stage. Thankfully, the curtains were spread out so no one could see the struggles that happened on the stage.

For this performance, you were placed at a height following a staircase that led downstairs and your trail was gently spread out on the stairs. The staff finished the set up and ran off the stage, while the lights were dimmed for this performance. You took one deep breath before speaking into the mike.

"The last song for tonight is a cover of a song that is very special to me. This song is one of my top favorite songs from my favorite artist. Someone who inspired me and because of who I am where I am today. This performance is my way of saying Thank You, please enjoy my special performance of 'End of The Day' by Kim Jonghyun from SHINee" though your arms were trembling, you mentally motivated yourself to give your very best. You kept in mind the determination you learned from Jonghyun by watching him and tried your very best to implement it in your own way.