Chapter Eighteen

Satin

Jah let me go and I pushed him off me as we both stood up. Loud banging could be heard from the living room as they both looked at me.

" Go answer the fucking door. " I snapped gesturing to the front room. They were just standing there like bumps on logs and it was irking me. Ski huffed like I wasn't being dead ass serious.

" They not here for neither of us. They here for yo ass. " he said making me push past him. I didn't want shit to do with this lame ass case and I wished they would drop it or something. They wouldn't find the guy and if they did they wouldn't kill him so this really doesn't benefit me. I opened the door with a clearly annoyed look on my face. What the fuck do y'all want?

The same two detectives from the hospital stood at the door with briefcases in long leather  trench coats. When I opened the door one tried to step inside and I undoubtedly stopped his ass in his tracks.

" What? " I asked with the door pulled close to me. How rude of him to try and welcome himself into a strangers home. Who raised this opp?

" We were stopping by to go over your case if you'd let us in. " one said in a snappy tone and I just looked at him. He did realize that it's my choice to let them in or not hopefully. I wish one of the boys would've answered the door. I don't have the energy for this.

" I'd prefer not to. I don't know who gave y'all my new address but please leave me alone. Work on this case without the help of me. " I tried to close the door but was halted by a foot being wedged in it. I looked down at the heavy roach stomping boot in my door frame and trailed my eyes up to the detective that it belonged to. I could just feel the stale expression on my face.

" Ms. Goulbourne, your case is very serious to us and should be to you too. We feel you are being targeted and want to hel- "

" Get the fuck off my front porch before I do something illegal! " I screamed with my eyes shut tight as my hands shook. I don't need their fucking help. Everybody knows police never actually help. They never actually fix shit. I already said I want no parts of this bullshit.

I felt a hand on my waist pulling me away from the door and Jahseh took my place. He didn't say a word. He just looked at the detectives with an eyebrow hitched and they finally took heed. " Have a nice day sir. " one said and they both turned and left. I stood still behind Jah still shaking as he closed and locked the door.

I wanted so badly to grab that bold ass detective by his throat and rip it out his ass. I was very proud of my self control. My temper was so short that I was surprised I didn't attack him. I hated stuff being forced onto me. If I say get the fuck from around me do that for your own good. In my case, my own good because I would have definitely been on my way to the precinct.

" How the fuck did they know we moved? " Ski asked finally emerging from the hallway. Jah lead me to the couch and I sat trying to calm down. I literally just let them get me worked up and didn't even get to slap anybody. I was pissed.

" Fuckers probably were watching us and followed us when we moved. " Jahseh said sitting beside me trying to hug me. I elbowed him in his ribs making him scoot away from me as I chewed on my nails. I still didn't like him right now. It was always something. I was close to calling Céance and telling her don't even come. My social mood had diminished and I just wanted to be by myself. Being by myself was probably best at this very moment. I don't need nor want any unnecessary arguments due to my irritation.