Chapter Twelve

Satin

" Honestly Satin, I don't think he's good for you. Y'all were better as friends. " Céance went on about how Jah would only drag me down and make an ass out of me. I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. I wasn't trying to hear it. I was close to telling her to go home because this was disrespectful. She took note of my attitude but continued running her mouth.

" Céance I don't remember asking for your opinion. " I said about to kick her off my bed. I might just slap box this bitch if she didn't leave me alone about her intuitions. I didn't care. That's my man.

" You didn't have to ask bitch. Y'all not even together yet and he already cheating. Like fuck? " she said rolling her neck as if I gave a damn. I started to stand up and tell her to leave but when my door opened and a sluggish Jahseh stood in the doorway we both watched him. He peeped at us with one eye covered by his hand which rubbed away the sleep he had gotten a few hours ago. It was 2:00 in the morning and Céance had decided she wanted to have a sleep over randomly.

" Satin. " Jah croaked like a young child. I speedily got up from my bed and made my way to him. I knew he was about to try and sleep in my room but not tonight.

" Cé is staying the night, go sleep with Ski or something. " I said trying to nudge him out my doorway but he forced himself in the spot he was standing in. I heard Céance blow her breath making me roll my eyes. I don't understand where this sudden animosity towards Jah was coming from as if they weren't friends before he dropped out. As bad as I wanted to be wrapped up with him she was lucky I didn't ask her to leave so I could be.

" It's fucking 2 in the morning, tell her go home. " he whined and I agreed with him in my head. I blew my breath and pressed my hand against his stomach, pushing him into the hallway. Taking his hand, I walked him to his room and pushed him inside.

" I'll come in here when she goes to sleep. " I assured him and he smacked his lips, dragging to his bed. He was such a baby. I went back to my room and Céance sat with her face twisted up.

" I'm tempted to go home. Not about to sit around and watch my homegirl be corrupted. " she shook her head with her arms folded.

" Céance you can go, ok? I don't even know why you came over here with all this negativity. " I snapped feeling my adrenaline rising. I wholeheartedly wasn't in the mood to be hearing this shit. When Joey was playing her like a fool I only gave her a shoulder to cry on when she needed one. I'd expect the same respect seeing she should know how I feel. Then again her and Joey don't have what me and Jahseh have so of course she's being ignorant about it.

" I'm not going anywhere. Why aren't you ma- "

" Mad for what? He fucked his ex, ok? Being mad and bitching in his face about it as if I already didn't won't help us at all. You must enjoy making an ass out of yourself more than Joey does if you think that's the route to go. " I said stopping her from the bullshit she was about to dish out. That was one thing I couldn't be mad at Céance about. She stood by what she felt was right and wrong. That's cool and all but we're two different individuals with two different outlooks on things. She couldn't force her way of handling things and her mindset on me because it wasn't happening. Just how she stood by her truth I stood by mine.

She sat there with her mouth agape as if she was shocked by my mouth. She shouldn't be. I don't spare anyone.

" You know what, I'm gonna leave. See you at school or whatever. " she said not making eye contact with me as she gathered her things. I was tempted to help her because she had really gotten on my nerves the few hours she was here. She wasted gas, energy, and time coming over here just to gripe about a nigga that wasn't even hers.