Chapter Eleven

Satin

It's been about three days since I've been out the hospital. The medicine they had given me helped a lot with the pain but the realization that someone cared enough for me to do the unspeakable just to grant my wishes did tremendous wonders. Disregarding the multiple stab wounds in my abdomen, I was prancing around the house like I had won the lottery. Stokeley was in the kitchen making me a bowl of cereal. I knew because I'm the only one who eats Cinnamon Toast Crunch around here. Spinning over to him I grabbed his face and kissed his cheek then spun over to grab a spoon. He looked at me oddly then handed me my bowl.

" Are you high? " He asked glaring over at me as I dunked my spoon in the bowl causing milk to spill on the island. I grinned big with a mouth full of cereal nodding my head.

Chewing and swallowing, I smiled warmly at him. " Off life big bro. Off life. "

He continued to watch me oddly as I ate my cereal all chipper. I could tell it was a weird sight being I was literally clinging on to my life less than a week ago. Ski didn't know that I had almost got my only wish granted, although it didn't happen. I was still grateful for the experience. It was a great free trial. Thinking about what I was met with in that graveyard feeling my life being sucked away from me made me shudder.

" Satin Clershon Goulbourne. What in the world are you doing here? " My grandma asked with her head tilted down as she eyed me. I was burning up although there was nothing surrounding us. I was growing hot profusely and my grandmother could tell. It felt like I was standing in a pot of boiling hot water. My skin felt like it was melting away. Why was it so fucking hot?

" Oh my god, am I in hell? " I asked almost not believing it. What the hell have I done so bad that landed me here.

" Nothing yet but if you keep going on the path you're going you'll have that spot right on in here. " she said as if she read my mind. My eyebrow hitched as she waved her hand around and it was suddenly a comfortable cool. It soothed my skin after feeling like I was a boiling potato.

" So.. am I dead? " I asked looking around only to see whiteness. I had to be if I was talking to her.

" Almost little girl. I talked it over with a few of my subjected friends and we've decided that you need a second chance to do right. I know I wasn't the best person to you and your brother but I do know that you have a heart. A good one at that. " She spoke resting her withered fingers on my shoulder. I didn't speak, I only listened.

" Now lemme tell you some, hear? That boy you down there parlaying with has a heart as gold as yours. Don't you mess that up now. That just might be you're ticket. " She said eyeing me hinting at that being my ticket to hell. I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't like this woman but she sure was shady in an amusing way.

" Mhm, fix on him. He's trying to do good for you. For you and your brother. Now come on. I gotta get you back before they change their minds about your second chance. "

She held out her hand and I took it, letting her lead me into a bright white light that would've been blinding if this was real but I was able to stare right into it.

" This is real. Now go. I love you Satin. " I looked back at my grandma and a small smile graced my mouth.

" I love you too. "