Chapter Fifteen

Satin

" I'm ok Céance. Really. " I said over the phone as I lay in my bed eating cereal and scanning through Netflix. I'm glad she called. I was feeling really empty right now despite what I was saying over the phone. I was so upset with Jahseh but I couldn't be mad. I understood why he did what he did but he could've went about it completely different. Maybe in a way that wouldn't embarrass me but it's whatever. It's over now.

" Satin if you need anything baby you know I'm a call away. I love you, ok? " Céance sniffled over the phone. She cried once she found out. It was so weird crying over the phone with her but it was so refreshing. She was the only girl I trusted and truly my only friend. I didn't doubt anything she said because I knew she'd do anything for me If I needed her to.

" I love you too. See you at school. " I hung up and plugged my phone on the charger. Since last night my phone had been lighting up with notifications all night. They had subsided for the most part but a few late stragglers still did what the norm was. I will say, being involved with someone as despised as Jah really puts a target on your back. He had support from all over Florida no doubt but this man catches heat. I got more negative notifications than anything. It didn't really bother me being that I knew I could thrash on any one of those clowns under any of my posts. My twitter was flooded with the most support. Twitter users typically have more sense of humanity than the bozos on Instagram.

" I've dug two graves for us my dear. " I sang plunging the last spoonful of cereal into my mouth and frowned realizing it was all gone. I didn't necessarily want to get up but I didn't want my room nasty. I didn't really want to see any faces today. I wasn't in the mood for conversation. Although I wasn't complaining, I was surprised Jahseh didn't come and exchange any words with me last night. I applauded him for that because normally he would've came and tried to sleep with me or try to apologize. I appreciated him giving me space last night and he'd see that. I listened for any sounds coming from the kitchen and got up when I decided that nobody was in there. I looked down the hallway and hurriedly stepped to the kitchen, bumping into Ski and wasting the contents of my bowl everywhere.

" Got dammit! " I pushed under my breath and tipped over the milk, placing my bowl and spoon inside the sink.

" Sorry. " Ski mumbled looking back at me. I didn't respond as I grabbed a kitchen towel and placed it on the milk, soaking it all up and throwing the towel in the washer machine.

" Satin, you ok? " he asked watching me spray the area where the milk wasted and getting the Swiffer to mop it.

" Please don't start asking me that because it's pretty fucking obviously I'm not ok. Ok? Ok. " I spat running the weird mopping device over the floor, cleaning the area quickly. I didn't plan on speaking to anybody and I was getting anxious to get back to my room.

" You should really think before you talk to people the way you do. " he said seriously which he rarely was. Ski always seemed to be carefree. Had to be an act he was putting up but he was doing a pretty good job at it. He was always happy. Always smiling and joking. It's disgusting.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. " Don't tell me what I should do you fucking.. " I stopped not even bothering finishing. I was tired of this conversation already. I sighed irritably and removed myself from the kitchen before I put my hands on him. Going back to my room, I ran my fingers through my straightened hair and huffed. I miss him.

" Jah! " I yelled as I took a seat on my bed and waited for his arrival. He never came. Foot steps were never heard. I called for him again and got nothing. Suddenly the faint thump of drums being beat on vibrated under my feet. I headed down to the studio and the closer I got, the more aggressive the drum beating got. It wasn't actually drums though.