Zemo

The other jet and a snow thing were already there. We walked into the facility we decided to split up and go a few different directions. Tony and I stuck together. Sam and Scott went one way and Clint and Wanda went another. Tony flew up the elevator shaft while I came up behind Steve and Bucky.

"Ready?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah," Steve said.

Tony opened the doors, "You seem a little defensive."

"Yeah, well, it's been a long day."

"Reminds me of Brooklyn. Bucky standing up for Steve," I said. Both boys wheeled around to look at me.

"Relax," I told them, "We're here to help. So tell me, you find anything interesting." Steve refused to put the gun down. "Steve, sweetie, put the gun down. You could hurt somebody with that."

Bucky frowned, "I don't understand."

I tsked, "You never do. We need to stop Zemo. Simple as that."

"She's right," Steve said.

"Of course I'm right," I smirked, "I'm always right."

Bucky nodded and we walked deeper into the facility.

"I got heat signatures," Tony said as we walked into a room.

"How many?" I asked.

"One," he said.

As we walked farther in, lights came on. In the middle of the room was the chair. I noticed Steve tense next to me. Around it was six cryo chambers.

"If it's any comfort," Zemo said, "They died in their sleep."

I walked closer to one of the chambers and found that the occupant had been shot through the head. I swallowed. I should have been in one of the those. I would have been if it hadn't been for some stupid agent all those years ago.

"Did you really think I wanted more of you?" Zemo asked.

"What the hell?" Steve asked.

"I'm grateful to them though," Zemo continued, "They brought you here." A light came on in a room. I threw my shield at the glass window, hoping to break it. "Please Captain, the Soviets built this chamber to last a launch blast of 100 rockets."

"I bet I could beat that," Tony said.

"Oh I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark, given time, but then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here," I said stepping closer to the window.

Zemo chuckled, "I've thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you, I followed you, but now that you're standing here I just realized...there's a bit of gold in the brown of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw?"

"You're Sokovian," I said, "Is that what this is about?"

He scoffed, "Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise."

"You lost someone."

"I lost everyone. And so will you." He flipped a switch and a video started playing. "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again, but one which crumbles from within? That's dead...forever."

Tony walked over, "I know that road."

I watched as the video played the night the Stark's died. It was all wrong though. It only showed Steve.

"I thought you said you were there," Tony whispered.

"I was," I replied. I turned to Zemo, "You either changed this or you found the wrong tape. I was there, mate. It was all an accident."

Zemo's eyes widened as he realized that he had lost. He turned to run.

"Guys, Zemo is on the run," I said into the com.

"Copy, Cap," came a reply. I turned around to find the boys fighting.

"Hey!" I yelled. They ignored me and continued. The three of them fell down some ramp thing. "Enough!" I yelled jumping into the fight. That was a terrible mistake. By the time the fight was over I knew that my leg was broken along with my wrist and a few bruised ribs. Steve was lying on the floor missing his left arm. I crawled over to him while Bucky and Tony fought. "Stevie," I breathed.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"It's not your fault, darling," I said, "They let their emotions get the better of them."

"And you didn't?"

"I've been trained not to. Hydra didn't do that. The SSR did." I looked up as Bucky and Tony stopped fighting.

"Take care of Tony," Steve said, "I'll convince Bucky that's he being childish."

I smiled, "Good." I leaned down and kissed his forehead, "Never forget that I love you."

He smiled at me, "And I you."

I moved over to Tony.

"That shield belongs to Kennedy," Tony snapped at Bucky.

Bucky dropped the shield before walking out with Steve. Steve sent me a wink over his shoulder. I smiled back. I looked over to Tony, "You're an idiot."

"Yeah," he said, "You okay?"

"My leg and wrist are broken, no thanks to you and I have a few bruised ribs."

He looked away, "I'm sorry."

"Hmm," I hummed, "I'll figure out a way you can make it up to me."

"Where are Steve and Bucky?" Sam asked running up to us.

"Gone," Tony said.

Sam knelt next to me.

"I'll explain later," I told him.

He nodded and helpedme up. We all made our way to the jet then back home.