Sokovia

Everyone went to get what they needed. As I walked toward the jet I found Tony, Bruce and Bucky standing there talking.

"No way we all get through this," Tony said, "If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor."

Bucky smirked at him, "I've got no plans tomorrow night."

I was pretty sure that Tony rolled his eyes, "I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That's true," Vision said walking by, "He hates you the most."

I snorted and patted Tony on the shoulder as I walked by, "That's rough, Stark."

Once we were all loaded up and in the air, I looked around at my team. "Ultron knows we're coming," I told them, "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't about beating him. Its about whether he's right."

Once we landed in Sokovia, Thor and Bruce took off for the Hydra base. Bruce was to get Natasha out and then the two of them were to get to the jet and stay out. Thor was to find out what was going on down there. Tony suited up and took off with the Vision to confront Ultron. The rest of us started evacuating people. Everything was moving smoothly until Ultron's bots started attacking. We were trying as fast as we could to get the people out but then the ground started shaking and the city started flying.

"Do you see? The beauty of it," Ultron said, "the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living will be metal."

"You know," Bucky drawled, "It's days like these when I really miss punching Nazis."

I snorted, "It's days like these I miss the back alley fights." I turned and threw my shield at some bots. One bot tackled me onto a car.

"Cap," Tony called, "You got incoming."

"Incoming already came in," I groaned. I pushed myself off the car, "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."

I took off for the end of the bridge as I saw some cars about to go over the edge. I grabbed the bumper of one, but it broke off and the car went over the edge. Shit. I ran to the edge and saw Thor flying down after the cars. I jumped down to hang onto a ledge. Thor looked up at me and nodded before throwing the woman up to me. "I got you!" I told her, "Just look at me." With help from Bucky we got her up onto the bridge safely.

"You can't save them all," Ultron drawled, "You'll never..." I threw my shield at the bot cutting it off. I called the shield back to me and threw the bot over the edge.

"You'll never what?" I called, "You didn't finish!" Thor landed on the bridge with the other car. I smirked at him, "What were you napping?"

The three of us went to fight off more bots. Ultron had taken Thor somewhere, but I didn't have time to worry about him.

"We're all clear here," Clint said.

"We are not clear!" I exclaimed as I threw my shield at another bot, "We are very not clear!" I jumped up and kicked my shield into the bot.