3.2

TWO
ultron

TWO—ultron

everybody wants to
rule the world.

MAY 2015

"WELL, YOU KNOW, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, boom! You looking for this?" Rhodes finished his War Machine story with a sly smirk. Stark and Thor looked at him blankly, while Arabella patted him on the shoulder. "Boom! Are you looking... Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked and Arabella hid her face on Rhodes' shoulder slightly giggling.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story," Rhodes replied as a matter-of-fact.

"Well, it's very good then." The god of thunder laughed. "It's impressive."

"Quality save." He nodded rather proudly. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" He changed the topic and moved his gaze to Tony. "No." He shook his head.

Hey, what about Jane?" Maria Hill asked Thor. "Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run," Stark explained nonchalantly, smiling at the end.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor said and Tony's smile dropped as he turned to look at the taller man.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony smugly took a sip of his drink. And at that moment Arabella knew it was her time to depart from the 'show off' conversation.

"Alrighty, bye."

Arabella made her way through the sea of people that filled the place, heels clicking the floor as she walked. She looked around, searching for a familiar face but sighed when finding none. She turned on her heel and decided to head towards the staircase, wanting fresh air.

She went up to the stairs, blurting a set of excuse me to get people off her way; in a polite way of course. She walked further and up to the last floor of the Avengers Tower, but stopped when someone called out her name.

She automatically turned her head to locate the voice. And when she found it, her eyes lighted up.

"Sam!" Arabella squealed in surprise, not wasting a second and running to give him a hug. Her arms wrapped around his torso as the man laughed.