4.2

TWO
―the sword of light

TWO―the sword of light

I am flesh and I am bone,
rise up like glitter & gold

FIVE DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE ODIN TOLD HER the truth about who she was. It was still quite unbelievable to the Stark girl―a goddess, that's what she was. Or a demigoddess for that matter. She knew she didn't belong entirely to Earth, but she still felt too human for Asgard. Too human to be training amongst gods and divine warriors. The sword of light didn't feel like her own just yet, and the armor she now donned felt too heavy on her shoulders. 

Thor had left a day after the whole revealing, claiming he had to find out about the Infinity Stones and the creature who was willing to collect them all. Before leaving, he bid his new niece farewell and wished her luck in her training. 

Heimdall took it upon himself to train the young goddess to master her newfound gifts. All the years watching her fight restlessly from afar, and now here she was, fighting again―like she always was. He was a little bit surprised to see how good she could handle herself during the first hand-to-hand combat. At first, Heimdall had gone easy on the girl, but he stopped pulling his punches following the first training fight.

Arabella was currently held in a deadlock by Heimdall. Her breath hitched due to the pressure being applied to her throat. She could hear the heavy breaths leaving Heimdall's nose and feel his chest slowly rising and falling. The adrenaline was rushing through her bloodstream as she stomped on Heimdall's foot and hit him with the back of her head as he bent down from the pain. Slim fingers grasped his muscular arms and ripped them off her neck in a swift motion. She turned around and before he could throw a jab at her face, she ducked and grabbed his fist to move it aside. She then kneed him on the guts and threw a punch on his throat, leaving the man momentarily gasping for air. 

Blood trickled from her nose down to her lips from the previous fight. The familiar metallic taste slipped through her parted lips and landed on her tongue as she took a sharp breath. A grimace of disgust took over her features as she wiped the blood with the back of her hand. 

Heimdall was up in a matter of seconds, sword in hand and eyes set on her. He swung the sharp weapon toward the girl, aiming for her abdomen. She dropped to her knees and slid past his legs with her hand outstretched to call for her mother's sword. The sword came flying from the stone table where it laid and found a place within the girl's hand. A rush of energy flowed through her body, igniting her veins a bright gold as she stood up and flung her sword to shield her face. Both weapons, her and Heimdall's, collided against one another creating a loud crash sound. With gritted teeth, she swung the sword to the left, dragging the other sword along and kicking Heimdall on his thigh to make him lose balance. When he was slightly bent down, she tried to take the sword out of his hand but before she got to do so, he overpowered her and pinned her to the ground.