3.1

ONE
the enhanced

i got my gun at the ready, gonna fire at will

i got my gun at the
ready, gonna fire at will

MAY 2015

ARABELLA WAS SHOOTING at the soldiers with a machine gun she had stolen from the man she had killed before. Her eyebrows unconsciously frowned as she pulled the trigger deeper, watching the line of men fall to the ground with a loud thud. She threw the weapon aside, it hit a man straight in the face, successfully knocking him out.

She ran towards the rest of the team while shooting at whatever stood in her way with her repulsors. When she finally reached them, she pushed her feet off the ground and jumped towards the HYDRA men―it all looking like a paused movie scene. Barton frozen in the process of shooting an arrow, Natasha on her way to kicking someone, Cap on his bike, Thor with his hammer, Tony flying forward, Arabella in the middle of landing and the Hulk roaring.

The snow mixed with dirt flew to her face due to a bunker shooting near her, lifting the said mixture. She wiped it off her face with her forearm and threw her hand to the side, sending a beam of energy from her repulsor to the bunker. She walked away smiling satisfyingly as it exploded.

"Shit!" She heard Tony exclaim. Arabella made her way to Barton, dodging a few shots.

"Language!" Cap breathed out, quite scolding Tony. Arabella snorted at the comment while throwing a dagger to the soldier that was running towards her. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is, well, beyond any HYDRA base we've taken." The A.I. responded.

"Loki's scepter must be here." Thor supposed. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"At 'long last' is lasting a little long, boys." Romanoff's voice sounded through the coms, the faint sound of an explosion could be heard in the background.

Clint and Arabella were back-to-back getting rid of the threats. He shot arrows and she shot beams.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." She heard Clint behind her.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Arabella and Clint chuckled at that, rolling their eyes at the older Stark silliness.

"I know." Rogers sighed. "It just slipped out."

Clint pulled Arabella quickly behind a tree, avoiding quite a few shots. She placed a hand on her cheek to hold her head, her elbow supporting on the tree.