Is This What You Want?

The moment I walked into Professor Snape's classroom, the door slammed behind me

The moment I walked into Professor Snape's classroom, the door slammed behind me. I heard the sound of the latch lock. Severus was standing across the room behind his desk, tucking his wand away.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked, walking further into the classroom, stepping closer to him.

"Yes... I need to talk to you." He said, his voice wavering. His tone wasn't what I was expecting. That's odd? I suddenly became nervous, this isn't good news like I thought it was going to be. Before I got choked up, I spoke.

"Before you tell me you don't want me around you anymore. Can I ask you just one question?" I blurted out exactly what I was thinking. He was standing defensively, my heart ached, listening to the way his voice sounded. He was choosing his work over me. Which I completely understand... I think? I just want to ask him about Draco before his words have me leaving in tears.

"...Yes?" One for his eyebrows rose as he looked at me. So My accusation was right... I can tell I caught him off guard by guessing the reason why he wanted me to come here.

"Why did you do this?" I asked, handing him the black envelope with Draco's letter inside. I saw a small smile tug at the corner of his mouth before he let it disappear.

"How do you know it was me?" He asked. I just stared at him knowingly. He knows damn well this sudden life change from Draco didn't just happen naturally. I wasn't going to let him play me as a fool. At least, not more than he already has. He sighed, handing the letter back to me.

"You deserve an apology from him." Was all he said before the room around us fell silent. Then it hit me. He's going to tell me to leave.

"Why do all of this just to send me on my way?" I looked up at him, his black orbs locking with my own.

"I thought you only had one question?" He spoke, shifting his eyes away from my own. I didn't speak. I was starting to feel embarrassed. Maybe I should just leave. I don't think I can bare to here him tell me to go.

"Maybe you should listen before you assume." He took a step closer to me.  That's not what I was expecting. Now I was confused and nervous, I didn't know what to expect and I sure don't know what he was going to say to me. He has made it very clear that he doesn't know what he wants. I didn't speak a word, I just stared at him, waiting for him to speak. I swallowed, attempting to moisten my raw throat.

"I know what I want." He raised his hand to my face but just before I could feel his soothing touch, he hesitantly pulled his fingers into the palm of his hand. He let out a deep breath and turned away from me.

"At least, I thought I did."

"Severus? I don't want to cause you any harm... I think- I'm just gonna go." Before I could take one step, he turned to face me, grabbing my hand. My bracelet twisted into three colors. Black, grey, and pink. Meaning he was stressed, impatient and still wanted...me? My breath hitched, remembering the deep red that had hung at my wrist for hours that night near the whomping willow. He closed his eyes not looking at me, but he was so close to me, I could feel the air from his breath brushing against my cheeks.