Christmas Morning

I woke up Christmas morning in Fred's bed

I woke up Christmas morning in Fred's bed. On the end table next to my head sat a vase with a single white rose.

"Mornin (N/n). That was here when we woke up. I'm guessing from mystery man?" George wiggled his eyebrows at me as I sat up, grabbing the note that was placed beside it.

'Hope you are having a wonderful holiday, beautiful.'

It was signed with a sloppy heart off to the side, reminding me of the note Severus had given me in potions. Was this really from him? For some odd reason, it just didn't feel like it was him... I noticed something glimmering on top of the rose. I examine it and pulled out a white, gold necklace. It was a simple circle with my initials engraved in it. I was getting a lot of accessories this year... But Severus already gave me his gift? Why would he feel the need for something more? It's Christmas, so I'll fret over it later. I smiled as I brought my attention back over the red-headed boy.

"Where's Fred?" I asked as I got out of bed, stretching.

"Downstairs with everyone else. You kind of slept in." He laughed as I walked over to him, handing him the necklace.

"You mind?"

"Not at all." He smiled as he pushed my hair to the side, clasping the necklace around my neck.

"Thanks. Now may I get dressed?" I smiled as I turned to face him.

"Be my guest." He winked at me as he gave no ambition to move.

"Hey! Watch where you are putting your hands, love." He smirked at me as I pushed him out of the room, locking the door behind him. I quickly slipped on a black knitted sweater and put some light blue jeans on before racing to the living room. Everyone was bustling around with gifts. I sat down beside Harry.

"I see you got my present." He beamed at me as he looked at the necklace.

"That was from you?" I smiled, as I held the cold metal in my fingers. He nodded.

"It's beautiful, thank you." Even though the gift was sweet, I couldn't help but feel disappointed that it was from Harry... It seemed so romantic I-... Oh no. I thought Harry understood how I felt? Things were going so well, what changed? Maybe I'm just overthinking it. The necklace was a wonderful gift for a friend. It was the rose that worried me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I handed Harry his gift.

"Happy Christmas Harry," I said, trying not to let myself dwell on something that I was probably just over thinking. Harry unwrapped the paper, revealing a watch that looked like the golden snitch.

"Wow... Thank you (Y/n)." Harry had planted a kiss to my cheek before I could pull away from him.

"Welcome-" I looked at Harry in shock. What the hell was that? He has never done anything like that before! Great, was I right? Was this gift a romantic gesture? Why was he acting so strange, I thought I was clear when I talked to him about his feelings for me. Just when things were getting back to normal too...