Widow

Halo Seventeen: Widow:

Today was supposed to be a normal day. All of the students made it to Raira Academy after they heard about Mariko's death on the news. Already the students connected it to Shimamoto-sensei's death just weeks earlier.

"Is it really the curse?"

"That's just creepy."

"Is it really because she broke the doll in her kitchen?"

"I don't want to die!"

Noriko walked into the building with her eyes to the ground. Somehow, she couldn't help but feel that the deaths were tying back to her in a mind that was beyond her understanding. Chiharu patted her softly on the back.

"None of this has anything to do with you," she whispered in her friend's ear. Noriko nodded as she pressed her lips together. Meanwhile, Mikado struggled with the images that wouldn't leave his head. His dreams had been invaded with blood. However, he could never tell anyone what he was seeing. Most of them would think that he was insane. Chiharu already ensured him that he was imagining things.

But why do they feel so real?, Mikado thought.

"Hey man!" someone yelled behind him. The boy looked up see Masaomi and Anri walking up to him. He gave them a weary wave.

"What's up, man?" Masaomi asked, "What's the matter, buddy?" Mikado tried his best to look normal.

"N-Nothing," he lied, "I'm fine." He pushed himself to walk further ahead of his friends. Anri and Masaomi couldn't understand what just happened to their friend.

"What's with him?" Anri asked. As they all made it to class, Noriko couldn't erase the feeling that something or someone was closing in on her fast. Her fears would be confirmed when the whole school was called in for an assembly. The students didn't understand what was happening. Chiharu held Noriko's hand the hold time.

"It's going to be fine," she whispered. The principal walked on stage and approached the microphone.

"Good morning, students," he greeted the student body; "I would like to announce that we have a new school nurse that will be joining us for the year." He moved aside for her. Noriko's eyes widened in fear when she saw a woman with dark wavy hair approach the microphone with a smirk.

I found you, number two, she thought. "Hello students," she greeted everyone, "My name is Chiba Junko-sensei."