Michiko

Halo Eight: Michiko:

She's looking for something. Only she knew the answer to what. Michiko came by the hospital. The receptionist happened to look up from the magazine she was reading when she noticed the child walking up to the front desk.

"Hi, can I help you?" she asked. Michiko gave her a huge, angelic smile.

"I'm here to visit my uncle," she said.

"Alright, which room is it?" the receptionist asked.

"I'm not sure," Michiko admitted.

"Well, does he have a name?" the woman asked. Michiko muttered it so that only she could hear it over the people rushing around them. The receptionist nodded it as the glow in her face flickered for only a second.

"Okay, I have the information right here," she said. The receptionist typed up the search for patient information.

"He's in room 215," she said.

"Thank you, ma'am," Michiko said before bowing and walking down the hall to the elevator.

Evie had just left the room to get him something to eat. He began his trip back into his endless maze. He figured that he could brave this one for she would be back. He wished that he could tell her not to leave. This would have to do for now. He only wished that he could...

Lighter footsteps into the room broke up his thoughts. He froze when they by his bed. A strange, soft smell tickled his nose.

"I knew I would find you here," Michiko whispered above his head, "You feel it too, don't you?" His body went stiff at her words. Her small hand reached forward and wiped sweat forming on his forehead.

"Don't worry," the little girl whispered, "I won't hurt you."

Lies! Lies! Don't lie to me!

"It's okay, just trust me," Michiko whispered. He shut his blinded eyes as if to try and block her out.

"How long are you going to turn a blind eye to all of this?" she asked, "This isn't going to go away and you know that. I need your help to stop this madness. The dolls are preventing the wasteland from coming back, but I don't know how long it will hold. I really need your help this time." He curled up his fists by his sides. Michiko's face went dim.

"If you don't help me out, these people will be swallowed up in our Hell again," she pleaded, "Do you want them to die? Is that what you want? Can you even live with more blood on your hands?" His body broke down into trembling sweats. She rested her hand on his chest and parted her lips to speak his real name.

"Excuse me," a woman spoke up behind her, "But who are you?" Michiko turned to see Evie standing in the doorway, staring at her. Both girls stared at each other as he relaxed in his bed.

"I'm sorry, but are you supposed to be in here?" Evie asked. Michiko stood up straight before her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said, "I must have the wrong room. Excuse me." The young girl bowed and hurried out of the room. Evie watched her walk away with her hands on her hips.

"I need to have security upped in this room," Michiko heard her mutter under her breath as she disappeared down the hall.