Namie

Halo Seven: Namie:

Namie snorted at the dark blue-haired doll sitting on the bookcase. She sat there with her empty glass eyes on her and Izaya all of the time. Today, she decided to do something about it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," she heard that familiar voice shout out as she reached for the doll's neck. She yelped and whipped around. Izaya sat at his desk, smirking at her. Namie put her hands on her hips.

"And why not?" she challenged him. Her boss leaned in closer with a cat-like smile.

"Do you know why these dolls are all over the city like this?" he asked.

"No," she replied. Izaya leaned back in his chair with a smirk.

"Back in the winter of 1987," he began, "A housewife snapped and killed her older daughter." Namie huffed at such an explanation.

"Bull shit," she muttered.

"It really happened," he insisted, "Come look at this." Namie walked over as Izaya pulled up Google and typed in the information. He clicked on the official article and let her read it. She blinked at the content on the screen.

"Okay, but what does it have to do with the dolls everywhere?" she asked. Izaya gave her a cat-like smirk.

"Can't you tell?" he asked. Namie began to look rather annoyed by this game right about now.

"Tell what?" she asked. He sat back in his chair after he scrolled back to the victim's picture on the article.

"That, I'm trying to figure out myself," he replied, "But I'm willing to bet that this girl is in the center of it all."

"That's ridiculous!" Namie shot down.

"And why do you say that?" he asked.

"Well, she's dead," the woman pointed out. Izaya grinned at her.

"So?" he asked. Namie looked at him, frowning.

"You don't mean..." she began to say. She shook her head at that thought. "That's just a bunch of crap!"

"Do you really believe that?" Izaya asked.

"Yes!" Namie said quickly. Her boss smiled as he shook his head.

"You poor thing," he cooed, "You really don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?" she asked with an eyebrow raised. Izaya turned his chair to face her.

"Don't you get it?" he asked, "Something glorious is about to happen."

"Like what?" his employee asked with her arms folded across her chest. Izaya looked like a little boy who had just woken up to see a mountain of present under the tree on Christmas morning.

"I'm still looking into that," he said, "I would like to unravel just to see what would happen." The glow in his eyes began to fade away. "Sadly, someone already beat me to the punch."

"Who?" Namie asked making a face at him.

"That, Namie-chan," he said, "Is something that I would like to know." Sensing clearly that she wouldn't get a straight answer out of this guy, Namie sneered and turned her head to face the doll sitting in the bookcase. She's always hated dolls and seeing them around the city reminded her of that little fact.