Hisayo

Halo Sixteen: Hisayo:

July, 1987.

The air conditioner was broken in Raira Academy that day. She wrote in her diary with a smile on her face. Home wasn't great anymore and everyone at school avoided her. However, she had one piece of sunshine in her life. She began to scribble little hearts in her notebook. Her homeroom teacher, Abe-sensei, wouldn't get in until ten minutes later. Every girl in the school had a crush on this man. Hisayo found herself as no exception. She liked him because he was the only person in her that was nice to her. However, this carried its own problems in itself. Yesterday, Hisayo tripped and fell outside of the school building. Abe-sensei happened to be there at the wrong place and the wrong time. Her mother happened to see him helping her off the ground and took it the wrong way once again. Poor Hisayo didn't hear the end of the reoccurring accusations from her mother at home. Hisayo kept her head down at her desk this morning.

Everyone already looks at Abe-sensei funny because of me, she thought, I don't want to get him into more trouble. She paused in thought and drawing when she noticed a shadow standing over her. The girl looked up to see her object of affection looking down at her with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes?" she asked in a small voice.

"Isobe-chan," Abe-sensei spoke up, "Are you feeling okay?" Hisayo looked away.

"I feel fine," she lied. Naturally, her teacher didn't believe her.

"Could you see me after class?" he asked. His student gave him a panicked look.

"Sensei!" she wailed in a soft voice.

"I won't hear of it," he insisted, "I care about the welfare of my students." Hisayo lowered her shoulders.

"Alright," she murmured. Abe-sensei gave her a warm smile.

"Very good," he said in a low voice before he returned to the front of the class. Hisayo could already hear the whispering around her.

"Maybe he is fucking her."

"Eww! Why would he ever be interested in a creepy girl like her?"

"She probably put some sort of a curse on him."

"Even the teachers talk bad about them now."

"How much do you want to bet that crazy woman will come here again and accuse Abe-sensei of sleeping with her?"

"Will he end up losing his job because of Isobe?"

"I will be so mad if he does."

"It would be better if she would just die."

"Yeah."

Hisayo just wanted to disappear into the floor. Sometimes, she wished that Abe-sensei would just ignore her like everyone else did. That probably would've been the best thing and then maybe things wouldn't have turned out the way they were in the Wasteland present day. For now, she could reluctantly enjoy her crush like the sunshine he became in her school life.