- 11 ∘ it's strange

IN A PERFECT world Sirius Black wouldn't have murdered those 12 innocent muggles, and Adaline Stonehouse wouldn't have died during the First Wizarding War. In a perfect world, Sirius and Adaline would be raising Kalista and seeing her off to Hogwarts every year. In a perfect world, James and Lily Potter wouldn't have been killed by Voldemort, and Harry would have had parents to raise him, and Kalista and Harry would have grown up with each other. But, this world was far from perfect, and in a world of darkness and destruction stand Harry Potter and Kalista Black — the darkness just waiting to consume them.

"I expect you two to stay in the Great Hall for the entire night," Snape sneered as he looked at Harry and Kalista. "Professor Dumbledore wouldn't want his most important students to be killed by Sirius Black, for their inability to follow simple rules. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Sir," Harry and Kalista muttered in unison, not afraid to mask the slight expression of distaste shown on their faces.

The two turned their backs away from Snape, leaving him in the entrance hall as they made their way into the Great Hall. The roar of conversation suddenly halted at the presence of Harry Potter and Kalista Black entering the Great Hall.

Silent murmurs and frantic whispers could be heard throughout the Hall as students from all houses pointed at the two as they made their way down a row of sleeping bags.

"Harry! Kalista!" Called a voice from the other side of the Great Hall.

Kalista looked up, meeting the eyes of the familiar voice — nudging Harry to look up as well. Ron and Hermione sat in an empty corner in the back of the Great Hall surrounded by four empty sleeping bags.

"Come on," Harry spoke grabbing ahold of Kalista's hand.

The two made their way to the far corner of the Great Hall — Harry taking a sleeping bag next to Ron, and Kalista taking a sleeping bag next to Hermione.

"Why is everyone staring?" Whispered Kalista as she glanced around the Great Hall at the few first years staring at Kalista.

"Er — well — Kalista," Hermione spoke with a small frown. "As much as you hate it, Sirius Black is your father, and if it's true he is the one who slashed the painting, and is most likely roaming the halls of Hogwarts as we speak— " Hermione looked around to make sure no one was listening before inching closer to Kalista before speaking. "People are under the impression that you let Sirius into Hogwarts, so he could attack Harry."

Kalista moved back, her lip quivering as a stunned expression arose on her face. "What?" She questioned. "Why would I do that to Harry, my best friend? And everyone knows I haven't had any contact with Sirius since he got sent to Azkaban. Why would anyone assume I had something to do with all of this?"

"I don't know, Lista," Hermione said quietly.

"Lights out in five!" Called Percy as he scanned the row of Gryffindors amongst the rest of the school in their sleeping bags.

Hermione threw a concerned glance Kalista's way, eyeing her movements as she shuffled around her sleeping bag. "Are you okay?" Hermione whispered.

"Fine," Kalista responded stifling a yawn as she spoke.

"We should get to sleep," Hermione murmured slowly closing her eyes.

"Yeah... sleep," Kalista spoke.

Kalista turned onto her back looking up at the ceiling of the Great Hall as she listened to the whispers of chatty first years who still were awake, and the snores coming from Ron right next to her.

Most of that night, was spent tossing and turning as she tried to ease the millions of thoughts flooding through her.

To say the least, Kalista did not have a good night.