- 10 ∘ past memories

IN A DIM room sat the figures of people who resembled older versions of Harry Potter and Kalista Black. At the front of it all stood Albus Dumbledore — a dreamy yet tired expression plastered on his face.

Dumbledore looked upon a girl — her skin ivory, her raven black hair falling just beneath her chin. Her face drew an expression of exhaustion, as she diverted her icy blue eyes away from the table of people.

"The Stonehouse family has fallen," Dumbledore started. "No one remains, except for you, Miss Black."

The crowed of seated figures turned to stare at the young girl.

Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Lily Potter all turned to their familiar friend, Sirius slipping his hand into Adaline's intertwining their figures, Adaline Stonehouse looked down at their connected hands.

Adaline looked up, her eyes finally met those of Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black, James and Lily Potter, and Remus Lupin.

"Addie," Sirius began. "This wasn't your fault, you couldn't have saved him. He made his choice--"

"No," Adaline cut him off pulling her hand away from his a tinge of sadness painted Sirius' face.

"He's my brother," she spoke up. "Was my brother, I don't care that he made a choice, I had a responsibility to protect him and he's dead now. I can't just sit here and let you all reassure me that it's going to be okay, because it's not, it's not going to be bloody okay, alright? My parents are dead, mum and dad, Cassie is dead and now Leo is dead. My entire family is gone."

"Miss Stonehouse, you cannot react like that during these times," Dumbledore spoke.

"Bullshit Professor!"

"Addie," Lily warned.

"No, Lily, what the hell are we doing sitting around her? Look at us, Lily, look at us."

"It's not your fault," Spoke the voice of James Potter.

"It is my fault. I-I just want him dead," Adaline breathed out.

"We all want him dead, Addie." Remus Lupin responded.

Her voice was cold as she spoke once more, "Voldemort, Voldemort killed my family." she chuckled coldly.

...

Kalista woke in a cold sweat, her body feeling like she had just ran a mile. Kalista peered to Hermione's side of their shared dorm looking as she was still fast asleep, her breaths slowly falling and rising.

'It's okay, it's okay. It was only a dream, it means nothing,' She thought to herself, her breath hitched in her throat as she tried to compose her breathing. It was the dead of the night, and Kalista knew for sure no one in Gryffindor would be up at a time like this.

Kalista laid back down on her pillow, letting the warmth from her blankets consume her. Her brain was racing, she wasn't able to decide whether these dreams were real dreams, or some kind of nightmare haunting her brain. They couldn't be memories... it wasn't possible.

Kalista's eyes felt heavy as she focused her attention to the top of her four post bed. Soon enough, the darkness once again consumed her and she was pulled into a dreamless sleep.

Out cold.

"Kalista! Kalista, wake up!"

"Urghhh"

Kalista's eyes blinked open as she heard the arrival of a familiar frantic voice calling her name.

"Hermione?" Kalista asked groggily.