- 09 ∘ quidditch round two

"WELCOME BACK, TO yet another season of Quidditch here at Hogwarts! The second game of the season played between the Gryffindors and the Badgers themselves — the Hufflepuffs! Look at them off! Even on a terrible day like this, they are sure making do. Make sure to place your bets on who's winning now — it looks like the action is just getting started!"

Lee Jordan's commentary could be heard all throughout the Quidditch Pitch — Lee making the occasional rowdy remark causing Professor McGonagall to attempt to grab ahold of the mic.

Barely minutes into the game, Kalista was soaring through the sky on her broom, dodging incoming Hufflepuffs coming her way, and passing the Quaffle back and forth with the other Gryffindor Chasers rushing their way to the Hufflepuff goal posts and shooting the Quaffle in.

"Black! Catch." Called Katie Bell from the other side of the Pitch.

Katie threw the Quaffle to Kalista — Kalista watching before catching it straight into her hands, and flying as fast as she could to the Hufflepuff goal posts, shooting the ball past their keeper.

"WOOHOO!" Screamed Jordan. "And there we go, folks! The game is making an impressive start, by the beautiful Kalista Black—"

"Jordan!" Screeched Professor McGonagall.

"Sorry Professor, for that one! The game is starting at 0–10, Gryffindor taking the lead!"

The rain was pounding on Kalista's frame as she circled around the perimeter of the Quidditch field, observing everyone as blurs of yellow and scarlet flew past her. Kalista spotted Harry — Cedric Diggory hot on Harry's tracks as they both went in search of the golden snitch.

Gryffindor was taking the lead — Kalista felt confident, making numerous goals into the Hufflepuff goal posts. All Gryffindor needed was for Harry to catch the golden snitch before Cedric did, and Gryffindor would set the path onto winning the House Cup.

Boom. Boom. Boom. The rain fell over Hogwarts in flurries — the cold of the rain felt colder than normal; usually, Kalista didn't mind the rain... she loved it, but this alluring sense came over Kalista, an inevitable doom inside of her as she circled her eyes around the Quidditch Pitch.

Kalista felt the presence of someone next to her, as they began to speak "Lista..." It was the voice of Fred Weasley. "Look up, Lista." Kalista looked up and was greeted by the swarm of three dementors hovering above the Pitch.

"What are they doing here? I thought they weren't allowed inside Hogwarts?" Kalista questioned, looking up at Fred. "I don't know, Lista. I think we should continue to play." Fred responded looking at Kalista before zooming past her.

Kalista continued playing shooting goals into the Hufflepuff goal posts, as she frantically looked around the Pitch, trying to find the sight of Harry, Ron, or Hermione. The rain kept Kalista from seeing clearly, but as she hovered near the Hufflepuff side of the Pitch, she could make out the silhouette of someone who appeared to be Harry — directing his wand at the three dementors, before plunging himself into the Whomping Willow.

Kalista zoomed fast on her broom trying to make out the small figure of Harry from afar. Kalista watched as Harry's broom slammed into the Whomping Willow, as Harry fell off, and started falling fast to the ground. Before her eyes, Kalista watched Harry's body appear to be drifting down rather than falling fast — Kalista turned around her eyes meeting that of Professor Dumbledore — wand out, conjuring a spell that wouldn't have Harry crashing down.

Kalista zoomed down trying to catch sight of Harry's floating body. And in mere seconds, Kalista watched Harry's body sink down into the ground as he lay out cold.