A Final Conclusion

Hello dears! This isn't a new update to Selcouth unfortunately, but rather a goodbye for now. I started Selcouth when I was 14 years old DEEP into my obsession with Harry Potter. I'm almost 17 now and whilst I'm still deeply in love with Harry Potter, I no longer have any motivation to continue writing Selcouth. Embarrassingly enough, it had always been a dream of mine to create a fanfic from one of my favorite fandom and to create my own world of viewers who enjoyed my story, and the incredible world that is Harry Potter. Over the last few months, I've seen Selcouth skyrocket and although the number of reads may seem small to many, it's a huge number to me and I'm forever thankful to everyone who has taken the time out of their day to read my fanfic. Writing has been a big passion of mine since I can remember I love creating my own stories and getting away from the real world for a bit, I want to focus on my own writing at this point now and create stories that perhaps you will one day see professionally published. Right now I'm at a point in my High School career where I should be planning for my after High School plans, I plan to attend a 4 year University and will later (hopefully) go to Law School whilst simultaneously balancing a writing career. At the moment I'm working on my writing portfolio to send to a few art based universities next year and I would like to keep my full focus on that. Fan fiction as a whole has helped me grow as a writer and as a person as cheesy as that sounds—Selcouth will always be a part of my writers identity, I mean it's technically the first book that I "published." I'm thinking of putting out my original pieces of writing on here in the future if anyone may be interested, this is solely a conclusion to Selcouth but I definitely will not be leaving the Wattpad platform. Thank you all so so so SO much for tuning in and reading this subpar fanfic, and who knows? Maybe one day I'll come back, and continue it the sky is the limit at this point. Please stay safe, be happy, and most of all find comfort in writing, it's one of the best things we've been offered. I love you all so much! Take care dears!

- Hannah