Sechs

Later in the afternoon Mikey received a call from Tobias announcing that he'd gotten the job and 'kind of needed to start right now'.

Mikey told Tobias that he was fine with watching Austen the whole night. He hadn't had any major problems so far and was no longer worried something was gonna happen.

The two boys spent the rest of the night watching the rest of the Disney films in Mikey's DVD collection. Austen had found himself sitting comfortably in Mikey's lap while he drank water from his sippy cup- Mikey had decided not to give him another cup of Orange Juice as it was very close to bedtime and he didn't need anymore sugar.

  Tobias hadn't given Mikey a specific time to send Austen to bed, he'd just told him 'not too late,' so Mikey was unsure when to tell Austen it was bedtime.

  It was nearing eight o'clock and Mikey couldn't figure out whether that was a good time or too early.

  Mikey looked at the boy in his lap and was going to ask him what his bedtime was when he found that the boy was already asleep.

  I guess 8 o'clock isn't too early, Mikey chuckled to himself, lifting the younger boy up and carrying him towards his room.

  Mikey gently laid Austen on his bed, pulling his grey duvet and blue blanket over him afterwards to ensure that he didn't get cold throughout the night.

  Mikey stared at the sixteen year old a few seconds longer before he quietly slipped out of his room, heading towards his own.

  Babysitting was exhausting, Mikey had come to find as he laid down on Tobias' bed. He pulled his blanket up to his chin and shut his eyes. It took him a few minutes to fall asleep but when he did, he was out like a light.

[]

  Mikey had woken up unannounced and as he peered at the clock on his right, he found that it was nearly three a.m.

He looked around in hopes of finding something that may have woken him up, as it was unusual for him to randomly wake in the middle of the night.

The sound of crying caught Mikey's attention and Mikey could only assume that that was why he was awake.

He followed the sound, leading him to Austen's door, which was shut- unlike how Mikey had left it when he'd put the boy down for bed.

Mikey knocked softly on the door and the boy inside sobbed louder.

"Can I come in?" Mikey asked in a soft voice, suddenly feeling very worried.

"No!" Austen had cried back.

"I just wanna help," Mikey urged, planning to just enter if the boy said no again.

Instead of getting a reply, the door in front of him opened slowly.

At first, Mikey still couldn't tell what was wrong, besides the fact that Austen was upset. It wasn't until Austen had stepped out from behind the door, that Mikey knew.

Austen's pajama bottoms were soaked and as Mikey looked around the room he found that the boys bed was too.

Mikey knew he needed to calm the boy in front of him down before he could do anything else, so he pulled the boy into a hug, ignoring the fact that he was wet from the waist down.

Although his sobbing stopped, tears still welled in Austen's eyes, most likely out of embarrassment.

Mikey guided Austen into the bathroom and started the shower for him, setting a new set of pajamas on the counter.

"I'll be just outside the bathroom door, call me if you need anything and come out when you're done," Mikey told him. "I'll throw your sheets and pajamas in the washer when you've finished showering. You can sleep in Tobias' bed with me tonight," he offered.

Austen gave him a small nod and shut the bathroom door.

Mikey waited patiently as he'd promised and as soon as Austen came out of the bathroom, Mikey gathered up his wet clothes and sheets and threw them in the washer.

"Are you okay?" He asked Austen as he led him to Tobias' room.

Austen didn't reply, still very much embarrassed.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," Mikey assured him. "Stuff like that can happen to anyone."

Austen gave Mikey a weak smile. What he hadn't told Mikey was that stuff like that always happened to him. He wore drynites because of it. Austen was stupid to have let himself fall asleep without one on.

"Which side do you want to sleep on?" Mikey had asked, interrupting Austen's thoughts. Austen sat down on the side closest to him, knowing it didn't matter which side he slept on. He wasn't going to be able to sleep regardless now that his blue blanket was in the wash and not with him.

Mikey noticed that something was off about Austen's attitude. He'd went from sobbing to looking emotionless.

The younger boy could feel Mikey's gaze on him so he laid down, facing towards the wall.

Hands found their way into Austen's hair and Austen sighed in content, relaxing instantly.

His eyes had shut and he'd began to doze off, proving his previous thoughts wrong.

Mikey's hands dropped from Austen's hair and he lazily draped an arm across the smaller boy instead, falling asleep as well.

I dunno how I feel about this chapter but here ya go. I don't know when the next chapter comes out and I edited this chapter but not thoroughly.