Eins

Mikey was feeling nervous as he approached Tobias' apartment. He hadn't seen Tobias in a few years and didn't know what to expect from him.

  He slowly brought his fist up to the front door and knocked on it, surprised at how quickly the door opened afterwards.

  What Mikey was not expecting when the door opened, was Austen.

  At first, Mikey had thought he'd got the wrong apartment. But when Tobias walked up behind Austen- who Mikey found to be surprisingly short- he knew this was the right one.

  "Thank you for coming," Tobias said quickly, ushering Mikey in. "I've been so stressed since the rent went up."

  "It's no problem," Mikey replied with a smile. "I'm happy to help out a friend," he added.

  "I see you've met Austen," Tobias stated, placing his hand on Austen's shoulder.

  "Yes," Mikey replied. "How old did you say he was again?"

  "He's sixteen," Tobias answered.

  Mikey would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked. Austen looked and acted much younger than sixteen. To further prove his thoughts, Austen had been holding a pink bunny plushie since Mikey had been there.

"Is there somewhere I can set these?" Mikey asked, holding up his bags.

Tobias nodded and led him down the hall and into his own bedroom. "We don't have a guest room so you'll be sleeping here in my room. You can just set your bags anywhere on the floor," Tobias explained.

Mikey's eyebrows scrunched together. "Where are you gonna sleep?"

"The couch," was his reply.

"I could sleep on the couch-"

"There's no need for that. I'll be working some weird hours and the couch is much more suitable for my schedule. It's honestly not an issue, Mikey," Tobias interrupted.

"Toby," a small voice said from the doorway of Tobias's room. Two heads snapped towards the doorway.

"Yes Aws, what do you need?" Tobias was quick to respond.

Austen didn't reply, instead he walked over to Tobias and wrapped his arms around him.

Tobias noticed the confused glance Mikey held and was quick to explain that Austen's actions were a part of his disorder.

"Austen can you say hi to Mikey?" Tobias tried, hoping to get Austen used to Mikey before he had to go to his interview tomorrow morning.

Austen waved his bunny at Mikey, causing Mikey to grin. Mikey had to admit that despite how unusual Austen acted, he was very adorable.

"It's nice to meet you Austen," Mikey replied. Austen gave him a shy smile before he buried his face back into Tobias's side.

This wouldn't be too bad, Mikey thought to himself.

Next chapter will be posted when I reach 20 votes