Drei

Mikey awoke to the sound of rustling in the hallway and turned his head to peer at Tobias' alarm clock.

7:15

  Mikey rubbed his eyes and pulled himself out of the bed, pulling Tobias' blanket around his shoulders to fight off the cold morning air.

  He tugged on a pair of gray socks and made his way into the kitchen where Tobias was eating a bowl of Cheerios.

  "Nervous for your interview?" Mikey asked, pulling out the chair beside Tobias and sitting down.

  "A little bit," Tobias responded through a mouthful of his cereal.

  "Is there anything I should know about Austen before you leave this morning?"

  "I don't think so," Tobias replied. "I've already been over the fact that he has DPD."

  "What do I do if he starts freaking out or something?" Mikey wondered aloud.

  "Text me and I'll try to call you as soon as I can to help." Tobias lifted up his now-empty bowl of cereal (besides a large amount of milk) and dumped it into the sink.

  "I'll be home around four in the afternoon today, you should be fine," Tobias assured him.

  "Is there any house rules I should know?"

  "Not specifically, no. Just don't trash my house please," Tobias said.

  "Got it," Mikey laughed, watching Tobias head over towards the front door.

  "I'm gonna head out to ensure I'm not late," Tobias narrated, pulling on his brown leather jacket. "Don't give Austen sugar right before he goes to bed and please don't let him stay up late," he added as he stepped into his wingtip shoes.

  Mikey nodded that he understood and returned the wave Tobias gave him as he stepped out into the cold.

  Mikey dragged himself and Tobias' blanket over to the couch in the living room and turned on the TV.

  As he'd come to know, Austen was practically a little kid. That's what made him so nervous. He had no idea how to take care of a little kid.

Next chapter will be posted on Monday