Chapter 25 - The End

"Come on, Astrid. Can you just sit still?" Ingrid asked tenderly.

"How can I, mom?"

"Well, you need to dear. Otherwise, we can't prepare you properly for your wedding."

"But do we need to, mom? What all of these people here?" Astrid asked with embarrassment in her face as she scanned the crowd of people. The chucklings echoed the house as Astrid found herself in a small tub of water. One after another, mothers and wives came and gave her countless advice while congratulating Astrid at finally decided to settle down.

"Well, it is tradition, dear. I have heard hundreds of pieces of advice when I married your father, Valka also heard countless one when she and Stoick tied the knot and you will do the same to the younger generation, dear."

"I know that, but being around so many people, it just really nervous."

"I didn't think that you can be nervous, Astrid. You terrified everyone, even Stoick is afraid of you and your axe."

"I am the Fearless Hofferson. more importantly, I am marrying Hiccup at any moment now, so of course, I am nervous." Astrid said as she sunk back into the tub of water and let the mothers and wives around her took over. They groomed her golden hair and washed her body. During all of which, Astrid just found herself breathing nervously and the thought of spending the remaining days with Hiccup horrified her and thrilled her at the same time.

The Dragon Master, the person that was so famous and infamous, that his life would never be truly peaceful. She knew that, if she married him, then, her too, will be filled with chaos. However, the thought of not having him in her arms was the thought that she could not live with. To her, to Astrid, a life of countless adventures was the life that she had never scared of, but the life without her Dragon Master, it was truly hell.

Then, her eyes shifted toward a piece of wood, the symbol of Hiccup's love for her. He had gifted it to her months ago, and since then, it had also never left her side. She had treasured it and she would continue to treasure it, just as much as her precious axe.

Soon, Astrid was presented with the dress that almost brought tears to her eyes. The white dress elegantly wrapped itself around her body, and the equally white coat of fur hung from her shoulders, then a headdress that was mesmerizing to look at. However, the most beautiful aspect was her flowing golden locks. It flowed down her back like a stream, running over the snowy white around her body and meeting her waist decorating, to a breathtaking and hearts stopping effect.

"It's beautiful, mom."

"It was Valka desgin, so if anyone, you should be thanking her, Astrid."

"Thanks, Valka. This is really beautiful."

"Don't worry, my child, you had done more for me than I could ever hope for." Valka said gently. "You brought Hiccup happiness, something that I was afraid he would never experience with all of his traveling and the enemies that he had made. So, thank you Astrid."

With that, Astrid and Valka hugged each other, in a warm loving embrace.

"Come on, dear, Hiccup and the other already waiting long enough." Ingrid said as she and Valka led Astrid with the hall, where the ceremony was being held.

Every step of the way, Astrid felt even more and more nervous, but soon, it simply vanished when she saw Hiccup expression. His shocked and the lopsided smile on his face was like a drug to her as no matter how many times that she saw it, she would still love it like it was the first time that she had seen it.

Then, she spotted the snowy white tunic that Hiccup was wearing on his body, showing off his muscle and so much more that she had not seen in a while. Even more clearly to her was his nervousness and anxiousness and the way that his gaze met hers, she knew that everything was fine.

***Spoiler***

"... The end."

"Aww, already?"

"Yes, now go to bed, dear, you and your little brother have a lot of things that you needed to do tomorrow, right?"

"Dad said that we are going to meet his best friend." 

"Yes, if we are lucky, then we can meet mine too."

"Really?"

"Yes, now go to sleep, we have a long journey tomorrow."

"Yes, mom!" The little girl, along with her little brother, ran to their bed. The two of them giggled with excitement.

"You tell them the story again?"

"It is their favorite, after all, honey."

"Then did you at least left out the Grimmel part?"

"Do you really think that I would tell them that part?" Astrid asked raising her eyebrow."And tell them that their parent almost died? I don't think that the two of them are ready for it, Hiccup."

"You're right..." Hiccup answered while hugging Astrid in his arm as they stared at the sky in the distant. "Do you think that he will remember me?"

"I am sure that he does Hiccup, after all, it had only been eight years."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Was I ever wrong?"

"Well, there was the... You know."

"Don't you even dare, Hiccup!"

"Then, no. Not even once." Hiccup said leaning for a warm kiss as two of them readied themselves mentally and physically for the journey till the end of the world.