Chapter 20 - The Bonding Time Gone Wrong

The decision that Hiccup was celebrated by the Berkians with great festivity. Hiccup was showered with interactions that he had never experienced before. He was overwhelmed with questions and greetings that he did not believe, the interaction was something extraordinary even for a Dragon Master like himself. 

Worst is the fact that, for the following days, he dragged from place to place by countless people. Stoick wanted Hiccup to study the political side of being a chief, something that Snoutlout unable to comprehend fully no matter how much he tried. Gobber showed project after project that he had worked with Fishlegs years ago, thinking that could be useful for Berk, the countless projects that Stoick had not approved off. Even his mother, Valka, started to bring discussions and problems that she was facing regarding the dragons to the already exhausted Hiccup. As for the other, Snoutlout, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Fishlegs, Heather and even Astrid wanted Hiccup to join them in their mischievous adventures during the freezing winter of Berk.

"Finally..." Hiccup exclaimed as he hid in a tiny cave that he had found within the Cove, before him was a warm and gentle fire that drove the cold away, behind him was the resting Toothless.

However, his plan of hiding in that tiny cave all day was quickly coming to an end as the angelic voice, yet haunting for the recent days echoed in the distance, calling for him. With every Hiccup, he felt that he wanted to come out, just to meet the love of his life, however, his sanity prevented him from doing that. He had told himself that he needed this, he needed a quiet day away from the countless tasks, countless responsibilities that were waiting for him.

"Don't make a sound, Toothless, I don't want her to find us." Hiccup whispered silently, as he unconsciously moved slightly closer to Toothless.

"I know you are here, Hiccup."

Her voice once again echoed, this time, she sounded more confident than ever. Hiccup's mind instantly went into panic mode. He had clearly remembered he and Toothless had covered up that remaining track that they had left behind, sweeping the snow, combing ever centimeters of the Cove to see if that had missed any spot.

"I will give you to the count of three, if you don't come out then I will come in there and dragged you out."

The panic had grown more and more and he stared at Toothless, only to see the pair of round and innocent eyes staring back at him and the gentle nudge of comfort.

"One." 

Hiccup's breaths quickened.

"Two." 

His hands and legs started to move on their own, dragging him out of the small and tiny cave.

"Three." 

Hiccup appeared before her with a defeated look on his face, waddling behind him was the tired and sleepy Toothless who greeted Astrid and Stormfly with a gummy smile. "Hey, Astrid." Hiccup answered quietly.

"So, you were here." Astrid immediately exclaimed as her face revealed a shocked yet astonished look on her face.

"Wait... You didn't know where I was, did you?"

"Not a clue." Astrid continued with a bright and happy smile.

"Then, you were-"

"Yup, I was just bluffing and you fell for it." Astrid answered gigglingly.

That giggle that the smile on her face was enough to drive his tiredness away. Even more so was her gentle touch, the touch of love that always made Hiccup longing for more since that passionate night that they spent together. 

"So, why are you looking for me, milady?" Hiccup asked while leaning into the warmth of her love.

"You know, nothing much. Just wondering where my Dragon Master went." Astrid said in a manner that terrified yet thrilled Hiccup at the same time. Her voice was echoing the same feeling as Hiccup, the longing for more, more than just the gentle hugs, more than the passionate kisses that they shared.