Chapter 3 - Hiccup's Fate

Everything was dark with nothing surrounding but the endlessly expanding darkness. The terrifying cold and loneliness swept over him. Panic, he tried to call out, but nothing. No name. It was like his mind is an empty shell, useless with no purpose to it.

The loneliness lingered for what seemed like an eternity, an eternity of darkness, an eternity of nothing, no name to call himself or any memories to speak off.

"Why am I here?" He cried out helplessly.

Hugging his knees to his chest, tears started to follow uncontrollably. The sadness was too much for him to bear. He cried again and again for the hundredth times and nothing happened. Nothing change.

"PLEASE, ANYONE... I just want to talk to someone."

"Hiccup."

The voice echoes softly and sweetly in the distant. Instinctively, he bolted upright and chased the mysterious voice. Every word that he heard, every sound that the voice made, he felt it called for him and him alone like an old friend calling for him, so familiar yet strange.

"Are you calling for me?" He called out.

"Hiccup, come closer..." The voice echoed again. This time, a figure was seen in the distance.

Hiccup found his heart flustered upon seeing the figure before him. She was beautiful, her golden and silky hair follow elegantly down her shoulder, an axe in her hand and the stare that caused Hiccup's heart to skip a beat.

"Y-You know me?"

The girl in front of him just chuckled before walking closer. "Of course I do, you muttonhead."

"Who are you? Ca-Can I know your name?"

"You already know my name Hiccup, all you have to do is remember. As for now, stay alive and stronger. For me, okay? Muttenhead." The girl said with the brightest and sweetest smile that Hiccup had seen, however, since she is the only one that he knew then it is the smile that will stay with him for years to come.

"Then will I see you again?" He asked desperately.

"Not so fast, you have to earn it first." The girl pushed down to the darkness below. "Grow stronger, then we will meet again."

Sitting up from wherever he was and whatever he was laying on, panting exhaustedly and sweats dripping down the side of his forehead.

Just like before he remembered nothing but the beautiful girl that had captured his heart and the name she called him 'Hiccup'.

Scanning the surrounding, Hiccup saw nothing other than ice. The wall and the floor were made out of ice. However, he could hear a lot of things, a series of flapping sounds, countless roars and a gentle voice a midst of that chaos.

As the sound becomes louder and louder, Hiccup found himself breathing harder and harder, not know to be afraid or relief. Hurriedly, Hiccup jumped out of his bed, only to find himself stumbling to the ground with an unbearable pain.

He soon realized, haft way down his left shin, his flesh and bone were no longer there. In their place was a wooden peg.

Horrified and shocked, Hiccup breath harder, his mind raced. "Why would they do this to me? I have to escape, but how? How?" Hiccup limping back and forth, almost falling to the ground from time to time, out of fear and the lack of balance his new foot gave him

However, before he could get anywhere, a black dragon trudge back with a mouthful of fish. The dragon stared at the coward and scared Hiccup who was, at that every moment using his blanket as a shield.