Chapter 8 - The Changed of Heart?

After the duel with Snoutlout, Hiccup was even more welcomed at Berk. The dragons and vikings welcomed him with open arms. Despite the fact that days had passed, yet Hiccup was celebrated as if it was his first appearance within the village. However, it was not always sunshine and rainbow, especially in the morning when he had to meet with the Chieftains and Chieftesses despite nothing new came up, they had still met him just to double check.

For the first couples of days, he found it acceptable and understandable as this was some crucial for them. However, after the tenth time, Hiccup had gotten really tired of the Council of Chief and most important the commanding attitude that Stoick 'The Vast' would sometimes show.

"Hey, H... Just finish the meeting, huh?" As the voice rung in his ears, his mood lifted. The stormy cloud and vanish as the warm sunlight shone onto his face. This was the highlight of his day, spending time with Astrid, learning about the people, the dragons and Berk itself. The more he learned, the more amazing he felt. From a dragon-hating island to the dragon-loving one and was the beacon of hope for the Archipelago. All of it, was thanks to one man, a man that had given his life to save everyone that he cared for. Their hero.

"It just tiring, you know..." Hiccup answered as cheerful as he could.

"That bad, hah? I hope that Stoick isn't causing you too much trouble."

"No, he is fine, he can be quiet demanding. To be honest, all of them are but this is their life at stake here, so I will it as many time as they need to."

"So... Do you have any plan for today?" Astrid asked innocently.

"Is there anything else that we can do within the island?"

"Sorry, but nothing, we already experienced everything there is to experience, so I was hoping that the great Dragon Master would have some ideas."

"I do have some ideas, but none of them is close to Berk. Unless...." Hiccup paused for a second before turning his attention toward the Haven. "Get the others and their dragon, I want to show you something amazing."

Not even five minutes had passed and the whole gang had gathered. Snoutlout on his Hookfang, Fishlegs sitting nervously on his Meatlug,  Heather seated comfortably on her Windsheader Ruffnut and Tuffnut arguing on top of their hideous zippleback, Barf and Belch. Last but not least was Astrid who mounted on her loyal and trusty deathly nadder, Stormfly, anxiously waiting for the Dragon to arrive with his nightfury.

"So everyone ready?" Upon seeing the nods from everyone, Hiccup and Toothless took off toward the Dragon's Haven. 

Once the floating ice island was in full view, the six of them felt their heart beating faster from anxiety and ecstasy. The island was like something that none of them had seen before. The countless icy spike protruding out and the hundreds, even thousands of dragon circling the Haven were something that none of them would ever think to see.

"Don't freak out, okay?" Hiccup said the moment that they arrived at the entrance.

"Freak out about what? Some dragon?" Snoutlout snorted.

Knowing that he would be the one to scream the loudest, Hiccup did not bother to answer, instead, he led them deeper into the cave. The futher they go, the darker that it got and their breathes began to speed up.

"Are we there yet?" Fishlegs asked anxiously.

"Almost there." Hiccup said the moment that the clearing was in their views. Taking one last inhale, Astrid followed Hiccup without fear, behind her was Heather, then Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Fishlegs and the last one to cross was the scared Snoutlout.