Chapter 21 - The Betrayal and The Last Battle

"What the matter, Johann?"

"Master H, I am afraid I will be the bearer of bad news, but Drago is coming." Johann said.

"How long?" Hiccup asked immediately.

"Soon, I am afraid. As soon as next sunrise." Johann answered to the shocked and terrified of the Berkians.

Instantly, the hall fell quiet, as the turned their attentions toward Hiccup. They looked toward the Dragon Master, they looked toward their Hiccup.

"Heather and Fishlegs, the two of you go to Berserker tribe and notifying them immediately, Tuffnut and Ruffnut the two of you will go to Outlaw tribe. As for you Snoutlout, you are going to Bog-burglar tribe. Leave as soon as you can and return as soon as possible." Hiccup said as he had prepared himself for this exact moment time and time again. 

"On it." 

"Gobber, fire up the forge. Mom, Dad, I need the two of you to vacuate Berk into the Dragon Haven as this island will be turned into a battlefield."

"Sure, son." Stoick said.

"We will win this Hiccup, we will finish what we have started and this time, we are not alone." Valka said gently before disappearing into the distance along with Stoick and the rest of the vikings as they prepare for war.

"What about me Hiccup, what do you want me to do?"

"Astrid, I need you to work with me on a plan, despite Drago is coming here and the terrain is on our side, Drago's army is still large enough to post a threat to us."

"I might have an idea."

Just like that, Berk was turned into something barren. The countless houses were abandoned. The once busy pathways were emptied. In its places were the barrages of shields, the hundreds if not thousands of men and women readying themselves for the battle to come.

By nightfall, the whole island of Berk was surrounded by ships. First was the Berserker Tribe, led by none other than Heather Brother, Dagur. Then was the Outlaw commanded by Alvin. Lastly was the Bog-burglar Tribe with Camicazi taking the control.

"And you think that this is going to work?" Alvin asked immediately upon hearing the battle plan that Astrid and Hiccup had laid.

"Yes." Astrid answered confidently.

"I like it, it is bold enough, it is dangerous enough and it is crazy enough to gain my vote." Dagur laughed with delight, his eyes seemed to brighten up.

"I have to applaud the two of you, coming up with such a ridiculous plan, yet, it sounded almost foolproof." Camicazi added.

"Are you certain that the responsibilities of such a plan should be given to the Twin, laddie?" Gobber asked as he looked at the excited Ruffnut and Tuffnut high-fiving each other in celebration. 

"I know that you are worried Gobber, but we need Hiccup and Toothless to be in the lead, that way Drago doesn't suspect anything and I couldn't think of any other person who is more destructive than the Twin. Beside, Snoutlout is going to be with them so I think that it will succeed."

"I cannot believe that I am saying this, but I think, this time, we need to... trust the Twin and Snoutlout on this." Heather said with a shiver as a cold chill ran up her spine.

"Fine laddies, you convinced me, I will prepare the explosive and make sure that the Twin doesn't  set it off too early."

"That settle it." Stoick said, with a powerful voice, "You know your task, go!"