Daniel

"Run away with me," he said.

My eyes widened, and I looked at him like he had grown two heads.

"Have you gone mad?" I asked, absolutely shocked at what he just said to me.

Daniel smiled at me and took my hands in his.

"Imagine it. The two of us, on a farm, growing old together with children and grandchildren," he spoke in such a happy tone.

I wanted to believe in that fantasy, but I'm not able to grow old.

Aadya has taught me since I was a child that I'll never grow a day past eighteen years.

"Daniel I-"

"Shhh, please don't turn down my request just yet. My love, you know the only person I want in this world is you. There's never been another woman that's made my heart beat, and the butterflies to all fly in my stomach."

His words made my heart flutter.

This man has stolen every bit of my heart, and there's nothing I can do to stop him.

I don't want to stop him.

"I love you Daniel," I whispered softly, wanting to share it with only him.

He smiled his charming smile, and bent down on one knee.

"Valerie, will you be mine?" He asked, as he displayed a small simple band, with a foam on in the center.

It was perfect.

My mouth felt numb, but I was able to utter the only words I wanted to say.

"Yes, yes I'll marry you!" I exclaimed.

He smiled and joyously grabbed my waist and spun me around.

"You're going to be my wife!" He yelled. I giggled as he set my feet back down on the earth beneath us.

"I love you Valerie."

A gasp emitted from my throat as I shot up in bed.

I looked around frantically, and I ran a hand through my long chocolate locks as I tried to catch my breath.

I felt for the silver chain around my neck, and I let out a sigh of relief once I felt the cool metal of a ring.

Not a day goes by that I don't have it on me.

Looking out the window, I saw the sun was beginning to rise. Today is the day Damien would lead me to the Lycanthrope pack, the day that I try and seduce their alpha.

Walking to the vanity, I grabbed a brush and began unknotting the tangled mess. Emerald green eyes stared back at me through the mirror. They were enticing to look at, but if you could stare deeper into them you'd see the broken pieces of the beholder.

Men have lusted for me since the ripe age of sixteen. My tan skin and voluptuous, slender body have always drawn them in.

I slipped out of my nightgown and placed a black gown on my body. It was simple, and it hugged my curves just the right way. After applying a small squirt of perfume, I declared that I was ready for the day.

Damien was in the living area when I walked out.

"It's rude to enter a house without being invited in," I scolded as I walked past him. His deep chuckle bounced off the walls and fell onto my ears.

"I suppose it is. However today I'm allowed an exception," he rebutted. I shrugged and went for a cup of water.

Damien had drilled the plan into my memory yesterday, and I honestly didn't care to go over it again. I understood the importance completely, but how many times can I hear the same plan over and over again? It gets quite dull after awhile.

"Enough chit chat. Aadya wants you to tell her everything when she gets back tonight," I reminded him.

Aadya had come home late last night, and she specifically instructed I tell Damien to be open with her. She doesn't want any surprises, especially when the plan is this risky.

I'll have to live with the alpha for as long as it takes for me to gain his trust, and then I can make my move.

"I will. You know how serious I am about this Valerie," he growled. Rolling my eyes at his antics, I took a sip of water.

He eyed my lips with unspoken thoughts.

"Have you fed yet?" He asked, his voice raspy. I eyed him warily. I knew I would have to feed soon, but feeding off a male without killing him has consequences.

It's like a spell, it makes them fall for you. Wolves seem to be immune to this, but Damien already seems attracted to me. However, I was starving.

"Not yet. I was thinking of finding someone along the way," I said casually, waiting for his reaction.

"You can't feed off the Lycanthropes, they can't know what you are. And if any of them die, they'll look to you first," he informed.

I nodded methodically and set my cup down on the counter. The beast within me wanted to feed on him.

"I'll find someone along the way," I repeated.

Sometimes I have to go against what the beast wants. It's like a second stomach, and all it wants is death and destruction. It lusted after death.

"As long as they're human. No one will take a second glance at a mere mortal," he said with disgust dripping from his every word. Damien loathed the humans. He hated them because they hate him.

"Can we go now? Aadya will want to know we're making a lot of progress."

He nodded and gestured for me to follow him. I grabbed my cloak from the closet and let him lead me into the woods.

Watch out little wolf.