Facing The Past

Nicki POV

Me and Ryan were still up talking about pretty much everything until she left and went to her room to get something and there was a knock at the door.

Who is it, I asked trying to figure out who would show up at this time of night.

Um... Otis... Otis Brown. I'm looking for Beyoncé Knowles, he said.

She's not here right now you can come back tomorrow and you can talk to her then.

Sure.... Have a good night he said with a creepy grin on his face and left.

I didn't like the way he looked at me and the vibe he had was nothing but negative so I called Shawn and Beyoncé to tell them everything that happened and went to check on Ryan.

Shawn POV

I took Beyoncé to one of my clubs to get a drink and relax. While we were there I kept hearing somebody calling my name, no not Shawn but my old nickname "Jay". I guess Bey heard it to cause she started looking around and a little worried which caught me off guard.

Wassup Ye? After I answered Bey furious.

Take me home, she said sternly

Beyoncé POV

I couldn't believe the name I was hearing after seven years. I thought I'd never see that face again and to think that I was looking at him the whole time my mistake that gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever get. The man that wanted nothing to do with me or Ryan has been looking be dead in our face.

You alright? What's wrong? Shawn said.

Just please take me home, I said on the verge of tears.

Alright come on let's go, he said looking confused.

The car ride was silent until his phone started ringing. I assumed he was talking to Nicki because he if Ryan was alright and then hung up.

How long have you known Ryan?

I told you I became her social worker when she turned four, he said confusingly

Oh must have slipped my mind..... So "Jay" if the child from your past is still alive how would he or she be?

I don't know maybe around Ryan's age or younger. Why? He said turning into my driveway.

You are so selfish, I said now with tears running down my face.

What are you talking about if I didn't care I would have left her with her foster family and let her get molested but I didn't, he argued.

WELL MAYBE IF YOU WOULD'VE STEPPED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE NONE OF THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, I cried getting out of the car and going into the house.

Wait! What the hell are you talking about? So you mean to tell me Ryan really is my kid? Huh? He asked as we walked in the house.

YES now that you know get your shit and get the hell out of my house.

Hey what the hell is going on with yall, Nicki asked coming downstairs.